WARNING: For your safety, the information in this manual must be followed to minimize
the risk of fire or explosion, or to prevent property damage, personal injury, or death.
– Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this
or any other appliance.
– WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL GAS:
Do not try to light any appliance.
Do not touch any electrical switch; do not use any phone in your building.
Clear the room, building, or area of all occupants.
Immediately call your gas supplier from a neighbor's phone. Follow the gas supplier's
If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call the fire department.
– Installation and service must be performed by a qualified installer, service agency, or
the gas supplier.
Your dryer must be properly installed and vented to achieve
maximum drying efficiency and shorten drying times. Use the
minimum recommended installation clearances (found in your
Installation Instructions). See the Installation Instructions for more
Use a heavy metal vent.
Do not use a plastic vent.
Do not use a metal foil vent.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death
If the dryer is not properly installed and vented, it will not be
covered under the warranty.
NOTE: Service calls caused by improper venting will be paid for
by the customer, whether it was a paid installation or self-
Checking Your Vent
1. Do not use plastic vent or metal foil vent. Use 4 in. (10.2 cm)
metal or flexible metal vent. Do not kink or crush flexible metal
vent. It must be completely extended to allow adequate
exhaust air to flow. Check vent after installation. Refer to your
Installation Instructions for proper length requirements of vent.
2. Use a 4 in. (10.2 cm) exhaust hood.
3. Use the straightest path possible when routing the vent.
4. Use clamps to seal all joints. Do not use duct tape, screws or
other fastening devices that extend into the interior of the vent
to secure vent.
5. Clean exhaust vent periodically, depending on use, but at
least every 2 years, or when installing your dryer in a new
location. When cleaning is complete, be sure to follow the
Installation Instructions supplied with your dryer for final