Caring for Your Air
of your air conditioner will help ensure longer life and lower operating
costs. This section will tell you how to clean your air conditioner
and perform annual
maintenance. You can always call your authorized Whirlpool service dealer for an annual checkup.
panel and air filter
power cord from outlet before cleaning
Use only nonflammable
Failure to follow
can result In death,
fire, or electrical
1. Remove the front panel from air condi-
tioner for cleaning. Press down at top
edge of front panel to release it from
2. Pull the top of the front panel toward you.
3. Lift up and away from the bottom
4. Remove filter from the front panel by
removing the elastic band which holds it
5. Clean filter by using a vacuum cleaner.
If very dirty, wash filter with warm water
and a mild detergent. Air dry thoroughly
before replacing. Do not use a hot
6. Clean front panel using a soft cloth with
warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse
7. Replace filter and hold it with elastic band.
8. Wipe control panel clean with a soft dry cloth.
9. Replace front panel. Locate bottom of
panel on the spring clips. Press down on
top edge of the front panel and push front
toward air conditioner to secure upper tabs.