Caring for Your Air
Proper maintenance of your air conditioner will help ensure longer life and lower operating costs.
This section will tell you how to clean your air conditioner and perform annual maintenance.
You can always call your authorized Whirlpool service dealer for an annual checkup.
Unplug power cord from outlet
before cleaning air conditioner.
Use only nonflammable cleaners.
Failure to follow these instructions
can result in death, explosion, fire,
or electrical shock.
Unplug the power cord.
2. Remove the front panel from the air
conditioner for cleaning. Press down at
top of front panel to release it from the
top of the cabinet.
3. Pull top of front panel toward you.
4. Lift front panel up and away from the
bottom spring clips.
5. Remove the air filter and clean sepa-
rately. (See "Cleaning the air filter" on
6. Clean front panel with warm water, mild
soap, or detergent and a soft cloth. Rinse
and dry thoroughly.
7. Wipe control panel clean with a soft, dry cloth.
8. Replace the front panel. Locate bottom
of panel on the spring clips. Press down
on top edge of front panel and push it
toward the unit to secure the upper tabs.
9. Plug in the power cord.