Installation AIR CONDITIONERS MODELS: ACM 152XE0, ACM184XE0, ACM244XEO PART NO. 1167492 Rev. A & User’s Guide A Note To You ... Important Safety Instructions Electrical requirements Receptacle wiring ... 5 Parts and Features ... 6 Installation Instructions.. Before you begin..7 Tools/supplies needed ...
A Note to You Thank you for buying a WHIRLPOOL@ Because your life is getting busier and more complicated, easy to use, save time, and help you manage your home better. To ensure you enjoy years of trouble-free operation, we developed this Use and Care Guide. It contains valuable information about how to operate and maintain your appliance properly and safely.
Important Safbty Instructions Your safety is important to us. This guide contains safety symbols and statements. Please pay special attention to the symbols and follow any instructions given. Here is a brief explanation of the use of the symbol. Read all instructions before using your air conditioner.
Electrical requirements Electrical Shock Hazard Plug air conditioner into grounded three prong outlet. Do not remove ground prong. Do not use an adapter. Do not fuse neutral or grounding circuit. Do not use air conditioner with front panel removed. Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, electrical shock, or serious...
Receptacle wiring See the chart below for minimum gauge for receptacle wiring. Use copper wire only. It is the responsibility of the consumer to provide proper and adequate receptacle wiring, installed by a qualified electrician. Observe the National Electrical Code and all local governing codes and ordinances.
Parts and Features This section contains captioned illustrations with where all parts and features are located and what they look like information on parts or features quickly, page references are included. SPeCifk Airflow Airflow direction (P. 17)\ Control panel (P. 17) of your appliance.
Installation Proper installation of your air conditioner results. To avoid any installation problems and to ensure trouble-free new air conditioner, please read these Installation instructions and electrical requirements IMPORTANT: Observe all governing codes and ordinances. Excessive Weight Hazard Use two or more people to move and install air conditioner.
Installation tips Handle the air conditioner with care. Watch out for the sharp metal fins on the front and rear coils. Be sure your air conditioner does not fall out of the opening during installation. Window installation 1. Remove the ground wire and screw from the front of the unit base.
8. Cut filler board (D) to size with utility knife. Cut in from the outside edges. The outside edges should have screw holes in them. 9. Apply %” (10 mm) seal strip (left over from Step 2) to the filler boards. Apply seal strips to the bottom front and outside front edges of the filler boards.
16. Fasten cabinet to window sill. Lower window sash firmly onto cabinet. Place a carpenter’s level inside the cabinet and make sure cabinet is level side-to-side. Then drill starter holes into the cabinet base and the window sill. Use round- head wood screws (H) to fasten cabinet to window sill, but do not tighten the screws.
20. install foam window rail seal (Q), the window lock bracket (R), and the plastic drain cup (S). Insert foam rail seal between the top of the lower window sash and the glass of the upper window. Place window lock bracket on top of lower window sash and against upper window sash.
24. Attach the front panel. Remove the 2 front panel screws from unit base. Replace front panel by pushing it straight on and then lowering it slightly to lock it in place. Attach bottom front of panel by reinserting the 2 front panel screws. Through-the-wall It is the consumer’s responsibility...
3. insert finish frame into wail opening. Square and level the frame. Nail frame securely to the wall studs. 4. Remove the ground wire and screw from the front of the unit base. Save grounding screw for reattachment Step 13. 5.
10. Place the 2%” (63.5 mm) seal strip (I) inside the cabinet. Make sure the seal is flush with the cabinet front edge. NOTE: This seal strip fits between the air conditioner base and the cabinet. 11. insert drain cup (S). Place drain cup through hole in cabinet rail.
14. Attach the front panel. Remove the 2 front panel screws from unit base. Replace front panel by pushing it straight on and then lowering it slightly to lock it in place. Attach bottom front of panel by reinserting the 2 front panel screws.
Operating Instructions Starting your air conditioner Plug air conditioner into a grounded 3-prong outlet. Set Fan Control to desired setting. (All settings below not on all models.) HIGH COOL ... . for maximum cooling MEDIUM COOL .
Cleaning Instructions Proper use and care of your air conditioner operating costs. Follow these cleaning instructions. Cleaning the air filter The air filter is cleanable. A clean filter helps remove dust, lint, and other particles from the air. Check every 2 weeks to see if the filter needs to be cleaned.
Cleaning the front Explosion Hazard Unplug power cord from outlet before cleaning air conditioner. Use only nonflammable cleaners. Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, explosion, fire, or electrical shock. 1. Unplug the power cord. 2. Remove the front panel from the unit. Remove the 2 screws from the bottom edge of the front panel.
Maintenance Annual maintenance Your air conditioner needs annual mainte- nance to ensure steady, top performance throughout the year. Call the service company recommended by your dealer to: Inspect and clean the coils and conden- sate water passages. Check fan and fan motor. The compressor and fan motor are sealed and need no oiling.
NOTE: Do not lift, push, or pull on any white beaded foam (expanded polystyrene) Unplug power cord. Remove the front panel from the unit. . Remove the 2 screws at the base of the front panel. . Lift front panel slightly and then pull it toward you.
Repairing paint damage Check once or twice a year. This is very important, especially in areas near oceans or where rust is a problem. If needed, touch up with a good grade enamel paint. Saving energy You can help save energy by doing the following.
Troubleshooting Before calling for service: Performance problems often result from little things you can fix yourself without tools of any kind. PROBLEM SOLUTION Unit won’t run Unit blows household fuses or trips circuit breaker Unit turns off and on OR unit does not cool room Normal operating...
United States. To locate an authorized Whirlpool service company in your area, call our Consumer Assistance Center telephone number (see Step 1) or look in your tele- phone directory Yellow Pages under:...
4. Clean or replace the air filter. B. Pickup and delivery. Your air conditioner C. Damage to your air conditioner caused by accident, misuse, fire, flood, acts of God, or use of products not approved by Whirlpool. D. The removal and reinstallation of your air conditioner...