• Avoid all electrical hazards when installing, wiring,
operating and maintaining all panels.
• Do not connect panels that have different electrical
• Match the polarities of cables and terminals when
making the connections; failure to do so may result in
damage to the panel.
• The rating of the over-current device shall not exceed
the maximum series fuse rating marked on the name
• The panel contains factory installed bypass diodes
located inside the junction box.
• When installing the system, it is recommended to
install a lightning rod to protect the system.
• The induced overvoltage by lightning can cause the
system damage, you should design conductor loop
connection as minimum as possible.
• The junction box should not be opened. Opening the
junction box will void the warranty.
• Panels with a suspected electrical problem should be
returned to LG Electronics for inspection and possible
repair or replacement as per the warranty conditions
provided by LG Electronics.
• Shock hazard may occur near the solar modules
• Modules may be connected in series and/or parallel
to achieve the desired electrical output as long as it
• Please use only the same type of modules in a
combined source circuit.
• Do not disconnect the module under when it is
operating. Shock hazard may occur near the solar
modules connection means.
• When the module installing in series or in parallel (e.g.
using for extension cables, etc.), the connector of each
module should be the same products. (mated with its
original female or male connector of the same supplier)
• All LG modules are equipped with factory installed
bypass diodes. The factory-installed diodes provide
proper circuit protection for the module from
Diode specification and configuration
• The solar modules may be wired in series to produce
the desired voltage output.
• The current of each module connected in series
should be the same.
• The maximum PV system voltage for that circuit shall
be calculated as the sum of the rated open-circuit
voltage of the series-connected PV modules corrected
for the lowest expected ambient temperature. For the
LG Mono crystalline modules, the rated open-circuit
voltage shall be multiplied by the correction factor
provided in NEC Table 690.7. The maximum current
of Photovoltaic Source Circuit Currents shall be the
rated short-circuit current of the series-connected
module multiplied by 125 percent in accordance with
NEC article 690.8.