BPK748380B User Manual Oven BPK748380M USER MANUAL...
FOR PERFECT RESULTS Thank you for choosing this AEG product. We have created it to give you impeccable performance for many years, with innovative technologies that help make life simpler – features you might not find on ordinary appliances. Please spend a few minutes reading to get the very best from it.
CONTENTS 1. SAFETY INFORMATION................5 1.1 Children and vulnerable people safety............. 5 1.2 General Safety....................5 2. SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS................7 2.1 Installation......................7 2.2 Electrical connection..................8 2.3 Use........................8 2.4 Care and cleaning.....................9 2.5 Pyrolytic cleaning....................9 2.6 Internal lighting....................10 2.7 Service......................10 2.8 Disposal......................10 3.
CONTENTS 10.3 Moist Fan Baking - recommended accessories..........33 10.4 Cooking tables for test institutes..............33 11. CARE AND CLEANING................36 11.1 Notes on cleaning..................36 11.2 How to remove: Shelf supports ..............36 11.3 How to use: Pyrolytic cleaning..............37 11.4 Cleaning Reminder..................38 11.5 How to remove and install: Door..............38 11.6 How to replace: Lamp...................39 12.
• from the appliance unless continuously supervised. Do not let children play with the appliance and mobile • devices with My AEG Kitchen. Keep all packaging away from children and dispose of it • appropriately. Keep children and pets away from the appliance when it •...
SAFETY INFORMATION WARNING: The appliance and its accessible parts become • hot during use. Care should be taken to avoid touching heating elements. Always use oven gloves to remove or put in accessories or • ovenware. Before carrying out any maintenance, disconnect the •...
2. SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS 2.1 Installation WARNING! Only a qualified person must install this appliance. • Remove all the packaging. • Do not install or use a damaged appliance. • Follow the installation instructions supplied with the appliance. • Always take care when moving the appliance as it is heavy. Always use safety gloves and enclosed footwear.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS 2.2 Electrical connection WARNING! Risk of fire and electric shock. • All electrical connections should be made by a qualified electrician. • The appliance must be earthed. • Make sure that the parameters on the rating plate are compatible with the electrical ratings of the mains power supply.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS • Do not put flammable products or items that are wet with flammable products in, near or on the appliance. • Do not share your Wi-Fi password. WARNING! Risk of damage to the appliance. • To prevent damage or discoloration to the enamel: –...
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS The appliance becomes very hot and hot air is released from the front cooling vents. • Pyrolytic cleaning is a high temperature operation that can release fumes from cooking residues and construction materials, as such consumers are strongly advised to: –...
3. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION 3.1 General overview Control panel Display Socket for the food sensor Heating element Lamp Shelf support, removable Shelf positions 3.2 Accessories Wire shelf For cookware, cake tins, roasts. Grill- / Roasting pan To bake and roast or as a pan to collect fat. Trivet For roasting and grilling.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION Telescopic runners For inserting and removing trays and wireshelf more easily. 12/56...
4. HOW TO TURN OVEN ON AND OFF 4.1 Control panel On / Off Press and hold to turn the oven on and off. Menu Lists the oven functions. Favourites Lists the favourite settings. Display Shows the current settings of the oven. Lamp switch To turn the lamp on and off.
HOW TO TURN OVEN ON AND OFF If you do not use the oven for 2 minutes, the display goes to standby. 12 : 34 When you cook, the display shows the set 12:30 12:30 functions and other available options. 150°C 11min STOP...
HOW TO TURN OVEN ON AND OFF Display indicators The oven door is locked. Wi-Fi indicator - the oven can be connected to Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi connection is turned on. 15/56...
5. BEFORE FIRST USE WARNING! Refer to Safety chapters. 5.1 Initial Cleaning Step 1 Step 2 Step 3 Clean the oven and the ac‐ Remove all accessories ex‐ cessories with a soft cloth, Place the accessories in the cept for the shelf supports and warm water and a mild deter‐...
BEFORE FIRST USE Max Power EIRP < 20 dBm (100 mW) Frequency 5 GHz WLAN 5150 - 5350, 5470 - 5725 MHz Protocol IEEE 802.11a/n OFDM Max Power EIRP < 23 dBm (100 mW) Frequency Bluetooth 2400 - 2485 Protocol LE: DSSS (QPSK) Max Power 5.4 Initial preheating...
6. DAILY USE WARNING! Refer to Safety chapters. 6.1 How to set: Heating functions Step 1 Turn on the oven. The display shows the default heating function. Step 2 Press the symbol of the heating function to enter the submenu. Step 3 Select the heating function and press: .
DAILY USE Step 4 Press: Take a shortcut! 6.3 Heating functions Standard heating functions Heating function Application To bake cakes with crispy bottom and to preserve food. Bottom Heat To grill thin pieces of food and to toast bread. Grill To roast large meat joints or poultry with bones on one shelf position.
DAILY USE Heating function Application Use this function to prepare bread and bread rolls with a very good pro‐ fessional-like result in terms of crispiness, colour and crust gloss. Bread Baking To speed up the rising of the yeast dough. It prevents dough surface from drying and keeps the dough elastic.
DAILY USE Heating function Application To dry sliced fruit, vegetables and mushrooms. Dehydrating 6.4 Notes on: Moist Fan Baking This function was used to comply with the energy efficiency class and ecodesign requirements according to EU 65/2014 and EU 66/2014. Tests according to EN 60350-1. The oven door should be closed during cooking so that the function is not interrupted and the oven operates with the highest energy efficiency possible.
7. CLOCK FUNCTIONS 7.1 Clock functions description Clock function Application Cooking time To set the length of cooking. Maximum is 23 h 59 min. End action To set what happens when the timer ends counting. Delayed start To postpone the start and / or end of cooking. Time extension To extend cooking time.
CLOCK FUNCTIONS How to choose end option Step 3 Press: Step 4 Press: End action. Step 5 Choose the preferred: End action. Press: How to delay start of cooking Step 1 Set the heating function and the temperature. Step 2 Press: and set the cooking time.
8. HOW TO USE: ACCESSORIES 8.1 Inserting accessories A small indentation at the top increases safety. The indentations are also anti-tip devices. The high rim around the shelf prevents cookware from slipping of the shelf. Wire shelf: Push the shelf between the guide bars of the shelf support.
HOW TO USE: ACCESSORIES Wire shelf: Put the wire shelf on the telescopic runners. Deep pan: Put the deep pan on the telescopic runners. Wire shelf and deep pan together: Place the wire shelf and the deep pan to‐ gether on the telescopic runner. 8.3 Using Trivet and Grill- / Roasting pan WARNING! Be careful when you remove the accessories from a hot oven.
HOW TO USE: ACCESSORIES Step 1 Put the trivet into the deep pan so that the supports of the wire shelf point up. Step 2 Put the deep pan into the oven on the necessary shelf position. You can use the trivet to grill flat dishes in large quantities and to toast. Step 1 Put the trivet into the deep pan so that the supports of the wire shelf...
HOW TO USE: ACCESSORIES For the best cooking results: Ingredients should Food sensor cannot During cooking the Use recommended food be at room temper‐ be used for liquid food sensor must core temperature settings. ature. dishes. remain in the dish Refer to "Cooking Hints".
HOW TO USE: ACCESSORIES Insert the tip of Food Sensor into the centre Insert the tip of Food Sensor exactly in the centre of meat, fish, in the thickest part if possible. of the casserole. Food Sensor should be stabi‐ Make sure that at least 3/4 of Food Sensor is lized in one place during baking.
HOW TO USE: ACCESSORIES Step 9 Remove Food Sensor plug from the socket and remove the dish from the oven. WARNING! There is a risk of burns as Food Sensor becomes hot. Be careful when you unplug it and remove it from the food. Take a shortcut! 29/56...
9. ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS 9.1 How to save: Favourites You can save your favourite settings, such as the heating function, the cooking time, the temperature or the cleaning function. You can save 3 favourite settings. Step 1 Turn on the oven. Step 2 Select the preferred setting.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS (°C) 250 - maximum The Automatic switch-off does not work with the functions: Light, Food sensor, End time, Slow Cooking. 9.4 Cooling fan When the oven operates, the cooling fan turns on automatically to keep the surfaces of the oven cool.
10. HINTS AND TIPS WARNING! Refer to Safety chapters. 10.1 Cooking recommendations The temperature and cooking times in the tables are guidelines only. They depend on the recipes and the quality and quantity of the ingredients used. Your oven may bake or roast differently to the oven you had before. The tables below show rec‐ ommended settings for temperature, cooking time and shelf position for specific types of the food.
HINTS AND TIPS (°C) (min) Tartlets, 8 baking tray or dripping 15 - 25 pieces 10.3 Moist Fan Baking - recommended accessories Use the dark and non-reflective tins and containers. They have better heat absorption than the light colour and reflective dishes. Ramekins Pizza pan Baking dish...
HINTS AND TIPS BAKING ON ONE LEVEL. Biscuits Use the third shelf position. (°C) (min) Short bread / Pastry strips True Fan Cooking 25 - 40 Short bread / Pastry strips, Conventional Cooking 20 - 30 preheat the empty oven Small cakes, 20 per tray, True Fan Cooking 20 - 35...
HINTS AND TIPS GRILL Preheat the empty oven for 5 minutes. Grill with the maximum temperature setting. (min) Toast Grill 1 - 3 Beef steak, turn halfway Grill 24 - 30 through 35/56...
11. CARE AND CLEANING WARNING! Refer to Safety chapters. 11.1 Notes on cleaning Clean the front of the oven with a soft cloth with warm water and a mild deter‐ gent. Use a cleaning solution to clean metal surfaces. Cleaning Clean stains with a mild detergent.
CARE AND CLEANING Step 3 Pull the rear end of the shelf support away from the side wall and remove it. Step 4 Install the shelf supports in the opposite sequence. The retaining pins on the tele‐ scopic runners must point to the front.
CARE AND CLEANING When the cleaning ends: Turn off the oven and wait Clean the cavity with a soft Remove the residue from the until it is cold. cloth. bottom of the cavity. 11.4 Cleaning Reminder When the reminder appears, cleaning is necessary. Use the function: Pyrolytic Cleaning.
CARE AND CLEANING Step 4 Hold the door trim (B) on the top edge of the door at the two sides and push inwards to release the clip seal. Step 5 Pull the door trim to the front to remove it. Step 6 Hold the door glass panels on their top edge one by one and...
CARE AND CLEANING Before you replace the lamp: Step 1 Step 2 Step 3 Turn off the oven. Wait until Disconnect the oven from the Put a cloth on the bottom of the oven is cold. mains. the cavity. Top lamp Step 1 Turn the glass cover to remove it.
12. TROUBLESHOOTING WARNING! Refer to Safety chapters. 12.1 What to do if... The oven does not turn on or does not heat up Possible cause Remedy The oven is not connected to an electrical sup‐ Check if the oven is correctly connected to the ply or it is connected incorrectly.
TROUBLESHOOTING Problems with Wi-Fi signal Possible cause Remedy Trouble with wireless network signal. Check your wireless network and router. Restart the router. New router installed or router configuration To configure oven and mobile device again, re‐ changed. fer to "Before first use" chapter, Wireless con‐ nection.
TROUBLESHOOTING Code and description Remedy F908 - the oven system cannot connect with Turn the oven off and on. the control panel. When one of these error messages continues to appear on the display, it means a faulty subsystem may have been disabled. In such a case contact your dealer or an Authorized Service Centre.
13. ENERGY EFFICIENCY 13.1 Product Information and Product Information Sheet* Supplier's name BPK748380B 944188378 Model identification BPK748380M 944188373 Energy Efficiency Index 61.2 Energy efficiency class Energy consumption with a standard load, conventional 1.09 kWh/cycle mode Energy consumption with a standard load, fan-forced 0.52 kWh/cycle...
ENERGY EFFICIENCY When possible, do not preheat the oven before cooking. Keep breaks between baking as short as possible when you prepare a few dishes at one time. Cooking with fan When possible, use the cooking functions with fan to save energy. Residual heat If a programme with the Duration or End Time selection is activated and the cooking time is longer than 30 min, the heating elements automatically turn off earlier in some oven functions.
14. MENU STRUCTURE 14.1 Menu Press to open Menu. Menu item Application Assisted cooking Lists automatic programmes. Cleaning Lists cleaning programmes. Favourites Lists the favourite settings. Options To set the oven configuration. Settings Connections To set the network configuration. Setup To set the oven configuration.
MENU STRUCTURE Submenu Application Cleaning Reminder Turns the reminder on and off. Time indication Turns the clock on and off. Digital clock style Changes the format of the displayed time indication. 14.4 Submenu for: Connections Submenu Description Wi-Fi To enable and disable: Wi-Fi. Remote operation To enable and disable remote control.
MENU STRUCTURE 14.6 Submenu for: Service Submenu Description Demo mode Activation / deactivation code: 2468 Software version Information about software version. Reset all settings Restores factory settings. 48/56...
15. IT'S EASY! Before first use you have to set: Display bright‐ Language Key tones Buzzer volume Time of day ness Familiarize yourself with the basic icons on the control panel and the display: Food sen‐ Wi-Fi On / Off Menu Favourites Timer...
IT'S EASY! Use quick functions to set the cooking time 10% Finish assist To extend the cooking time press +1min. Use 10% Finish assist to add extra time when 10% of the cooking time is left. 50/56...
16. TAKE A SHORTCUT! Here you can see all the useful shortcuts. You can also find them in the dedicated chapters in the user manual. Wireless connection How to set: Heating functions How to set: Assisted cooking How to set: Cooking time How to delay: Start and end of cooking How to cancel: Set Timer How to use: Food Sensor...
17. ENVIRONMENTAL CONCERNS Recycle materials with the symbol . Put the packaging in relevant containers to recycle it. Help protect the environment and human health by recycling waste of electrical and electronic appliances. Do not dispose of appliances marked with the symbol with the household waste.