The appliance is provided with a safety system
which disables the mechanism if the jar is not (or
not properly) fitted.
If the red warning light is on, first press the "Off"
button O to switch the appliance off. The warning
light goes out. Then place the jar onto the motor
unit and lock it properly. After this the appliance is
ready for use.
Note: Do not use the jar to switch the
appliance on and off.
- Before switching on, first ensure that the
appliance is connected to the mains and that
the jar is correctly fitted.
- Move the slide cover aside (fig. 10).
- Press the speed button corresponding to the
ingredients you wish to process (fig. 11):
1, 2 for light applications with liquid ingredients,
e.g. chocolate milk.
3 for thicker consistency, using liquid together
with solid ingredients.
4 for heavier processes, using solid ingredients
• If you are not sure which speed to use, you can
always use maximum speed (i.e. speed 4).
• For instant (repetitive) operation at the selected
speed press and release the "Moment" button
by turns (fig. 12).
- To stop the motor press button "Off" (fig. 13).
• Safety: When pouring ingredients into the jar,
close the slide cover to prevent spillage over
• Liquid ingredients (e.g. oil for the preparation of
mayonnaise) can be poured through the small
aperture in the safety cap whilst the motor is
running (fig. 14).
• The opening in the lid can be used for adding
ingredients whilst the motor is running (fig. 15).
• Do not blend longer than 3 minutes without
If longer blending is necessary, give the
appliance a minute's rest before you continue.
• Cut meat or other solid food into pieces before
putting them into the jar.
• For best blending with solid ingredients feed a
series of small portions into the jar rather than
putting one large quantity into it.
• If the blending is not performed quickly, switch
off the appliance and - switch to "Moment", or
- stir the ingredients with a spatula (not while
- reduce the contents of the jar.
• For crushed ice drop the ice cubes through the
opening in the lid into the jar whilst the motor is
• When blending liquid and solid ingredients
together, first pour the liquid(s) into the jar.
While blending, add the solid ingredients.
- Pour lukewarm water with some washing-up
agent into the jar. Place the lid and the safety
cap. Place the jar onto the motor unit.
- Switch on for a few moments. Then switch off.
- Remove the mains plug from the wall socket.
- Remove the jar and rinse it with clean water.
- Remove the blade unit and rinse it. Be careful
when handling the sharp blades.
- You can clean the motor unit with a humid
cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaning materials,
alcohol, polishers, etc.
• Do not clean in a dishwasher.
• Cleaning is easiest when done immediately