• Read the instructions carefully in
conjunction with the illustrations before
using the appliance.
• Avoid damage. Before connecting
please check if the voltage indicated on
the appliance corresponds to the mains
voltage in your home (110-127 V or 220-
• Do not use the appliance when the
mains cord, the plug or other
components are damaged.
If the mains cord of this appliance is
damaged, it must be replaced by the
special cord. Apply to your Philips
dealer or to the Philips organisation in
• Keep the appliance away from children.
• Do not leave the appliance switched on
• Do not fill with ingredients hotter than
80 °C (approx. 175 °F).
• Avoid spillage. Do not fill the jar higher
than the highest level indication (i.e. 1.5
litre), especially when blending liquid.
Always place the safety cap.
• Never put your hand or any objects into
the blender jar while the appliance is
switched on. If necessary, use a spatula
to remove food from the sides of the jar
after switching off the blender.
• Never remove the jar while the blender
• Make sure the blade unit is securely
fitted to the base of the blender jar before
you use the appliance.
• Never use any accessories or parts
from other manufacturers or which have
not specifically been advised by Philips.
Your guarantee is void if such
accessories or parts have been used.
Opening in the lid
Rubber sealing ring
(1 = minimum speed; 4 = maximum speed)
Cord storage compartment
You can store excess mains cord in the storage
compartment at the back of the blender.
- Open the cord storage compartment (fig. 2).
- Pull out the required length of mains cord
- Close the lid with the mains cord fitting into the
slot of the lid (fig. 4).
- First wash up all the removable parts. (Please
refer to section "Cleaning".)
- Put the rubber sealing ring on the rim of the
blade unit (fig. 5).
- Fix the blade unit to the jar by rotating firmly in
the direction of the arrow (fig. 6).
- Place the mounted jar on to the motor unit and
turn in the direction of the arrow until locked
- After putting the ingredients into the jar, place
the lid onto the jar by pressing downwards
- Fix the safety cap by pushing lightly downwards
and turning in the direction of the arrow until
locked (fig. 9).
For disassembling proceed in reverse.