TWIN HALOGEN BULBS
12 VOLT DC
BUILT IN 120 VOLT AC
LIGHT MODE SWITCH
CHARGING/RECHARGING THE SPOTLIGHT
This unit is shipped in a partially charged state. BEFORE first use, charge the Spotlight
using the 120 Volt AC Charger for 20-30 hours or until the green LED Indicator lights.
To check the battery charge status at any time, press the Battery Status Pushbutton.
The LED Indicators display the level of charge. Three red LEDs indicate a high level of
charge; two, a medium level; and one red LED indicates that the unit should be
charged soon.) The green LED lights to show a fully charged unit.
It is recommended that you charge the Spotlight after each use (or every 2 months
when not in frequent use) until the green LED lights so the unit is always ready when
you need it.
EASY GRIP HANDLE
12 VOLT DC
Charging Using the 120 Volt AC Charger
• Plug a standard North American 120 volt AC extension cord into the 120 Volt AC
Charger on the back of the unit.
HOUSEHOLD EXTENSION CORD
• Turn OFF the Area Lights and Spotlight (Light Mode Switch is not set to "AREA" and
the Trigger is not depressed). Disconnect any 12 volt DC appliances from the 12
Volt DC Accessory Outlet.
• Charge until the Battery Status LED Indicator green LED lights (approximately 20-30
hours). DO NOT CHARGE FOR LONGER THAN 30 HOURS.
• Once recharging is completed, disconnect the adapter from the external charging
• After AC recharging, wait 5 minutes before using the Spotlight.
Do not turn on any lights or operate any appliances through the Spotlight's DC
Accessory Outlet when using the 120 Volt AC Charger.
Charging Using the 12 Volt DC Charging Adapter
Make sure the DC source (jump-starter, battery pack, vehicle accessory outlet, etc.) is
12 volt DC and is able to supply at least one half amp at 12 volt DC for 8 hours. This
means a battery pack should be charged with at least 4 amp hours capacity.
The VEC158BD can be simultaneously charged and operated from a 12 volt DC
source. Make sure the 12 volt DC source can supply minimum 15 amps
of current if the Spotlight is to be operated while the batteries are
• Insert the 12 volt DC plug end of the 12 Volt DC Charging/Power Adapter into the
accessory outlet of your vehicle or other 12 volt DC power source.
12 VOLT DC CHARGING/POWER
• Plug the barrel-tip end into the 12 Volt DC Charging/Power Port on the back of the
• Charge until the Battery Status LED Indicator green LED lights when the Battery
Status Display pushbutton is pressed (approximately 3-4 hours). DO NOT CHARGE
FOR LONGER THAN 4 HOURS.
• Once recharging is completed, disconnect the adapter from the external charging/
When using a vehicle's 12 volt DC accessory outlet as a charging source, be
aware that some vehicles require you to turn on the ignition to power the
BUILT-IN 120 VOLT
12 VOLT DC