Catalog No. BDL400S
BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT
FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALL
IF YOU SHOULD HAVE A QUESTION OR EXPERIENCE A
PROBLEM WITH YOUR BLACK & DECKER PRODUCT,
BEFORE YOU CALL, HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AVAILABLE, CATALOG No., TYPE No., AND
DATE CODE (e.g. 20000130M). IN MOST CASES, A BLACK & DECKER REPRESENTATIVE CAN
RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE. IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION OR COMMENT, GIVE
US A CALL. YOUR FEEDBACK IS VITAL TO BLACK & DECKER.
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO Y PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA.
ADVERTENCIA: LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.
Cat No. BDL400S Form # 585435-00 (JUL-03) Copyright © 2003 Black & Decker Printed in China
WARNING: Read and understand all instructions. Failure to follow all instructions listed
below may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious personal injury.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
• Do not operate the laser in explosive atmospheres, such as in the presence of flammable
liquids, gases, or dust.
• Use the laser only with the specifically designated batteries. Use of any other batteries may
create a risk of fire.
• Store idle laser out of reach of children and other untrained persons. Lasers are dangerous
in the hands of untrained users.
• Use only accessories that are recommended by the manufacturer for your model.
Accessories that may be suitable for one laser, may create a risk of injury when used on
• Do not use optical tools such as a telescope or transit to view the laser beam. Serious eye
injury could result.
• Do not place the laser in a position which may cause anyone to intentionally or
unintentionally stare into the laser beam. Serious eye injury could result.
• Turn the laser off when it is not in use. Leaving the laser on increases the risk of staring into
the laser beam.
• Repairs and servicing MUST be performed by a qualified repair facility. Repairs performed
by unqualified personnel could result in serious injury.
WARNING: DO NOT DISASSEMBLE THE LASER. There are no user serviceable parts
inside. Disassembling the Laser will void all warranties on the product. Do not modify the
product in any way. Modifying the tool may result in Hazardous Laser Radiation Exposure.
• Do not operate the laser around children or allow children to operate the laser. Serious eye
injury may result.
• Do not remove or deface warning labels. Removing labels increases the risk of exposure to
• Position the laser securely. Damage to the laser or serious injury could result if the laser
CAUTION: Use caution when drilling, nailing or cutting into walls, floors and ceilings
which may contain electrical wiring or pipes. Always turn off the power when working
near electrical wires.
CAUTION: Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than
those specified in this manual may result in hazardous laser radiation exposure.
The label on your tool may include the following symbols.
nm ........................wavelength in nanometers IIIa ......................Class IIIa Laser
For your convenience and safety, the following labels are on your laser.
ted from these
LASER AUTO LEVELING: Place unit
flat against wall. To hang see instruction
manual. Push up switch to ON: AUTO LEVELING
to activate laser lines.
LOCKING AUTO LEVEL: Place unit on surface of
working area. Push down switch to
ON: LOCKED LEVEL to lock in place leveled laser
lines. Unit can be moved in any direction, and
laser lines will remain locked in place.
BDL400S Laser Level
TYPE 1 9.0 V DC
To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and
understand instruction manual. Use 9 V size
battery. À titre préventif, lire le guide.
Made in China
Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc., Towson, MD 21286 U.S.A.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand instruction
A.) Hanging Cone and
Protective Cap (drywall use)
B.) Hanging Cone (keyhole)
C.) Marking Target
D.) Laser Three Position
E.) Battery Compartment
F.) Self-Leveling Laser