• For vertical steam surge: Be sure water window is filled to the
MAX line. Hang the garment to be steamed on a clothes hanger.
Curtains or draperies can be steamed once they are hung. Turn
the Steam/dry/Auto Clean to highest steam setting. let iron
stand on its heel rest 60 seconds. Hold the iron close to, but not
touching the fabric. Pull the fabric tight in your free hand and
pump the steam surge button
Be sure water window is filled to the MAX line. Press the Spray
. If the spray is weak, pump the Spray button several
times. The Spray button will work with any temperature setting.
The anti-drip system prevents water spotting at low temperatures.
• Always read garment labels and follow manufacturer's ironing instructions.
• Synthetics are heat sensitive and may glaze or melt at high temperatures. Use lower
settings. If you are unsure of a garment's fiber, test a small area (on an inside seam or
hem) before ironing.
• Avoid ironing over zippers, snaps, buttons, pins or rivets as they may scratch the
Care and Cleaning
This product contains contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified
It is not necessary to empty the water reservoir after each use of the iron, if you iron
To empty the iron, flip up the water fill cover and hold the iron over the sink with the tip
pointing down. Water will stream out of the water opening.
TO CLEAN THE OUTSIDE SURFACES
• Unplug the iron and allow it to cool completely. Wipe the soleplate and outer surfaces
with a soft cloth dampened in water and a mild household detergent. Never use
abrasives, heavy duty cleansers, vinegar, or scouring pads that may scratch or discolor
• After cleaning, iron with steam over an old cloth to remove any residue from the
• About once a month, use the self-cleaning system to flush out minerals and lint. If lint
is allowed to accumulate in the vents, it can scorch the fabric being ironed and cause
• Fill the iron with water as described in HoW To USe section. Fill to the MAX line.
• Allow the iron to heat until the temperature ready light goes out and comes on again.
• Unplug the iron and take it to a sink.
• Holding the iron in a horizontal position over the sink, turn the Steam/dry/Auto Clean
button to the auto clean symbol
runs clear. There may be some hissing and spitting while self-cleaning. This is normal.
as you move the iron over the
and hold the button in this position until the water
• Stay clear of HoT steam and boiling water as it comes out of the vents while
lint, scale, and minerals flush through. Wait until all the water has emptied. If
necessary, rock the iron side to side and front to back to empty it.
• When all of the water has been released, stand the iron on its heel rest. Push the
Steam/dry/Auto Clean button back into position in the iron and turn the button to
the Steam symbol
• Plug in the iron and heat for about 2 minutes to dry out any remaining water.
Carefully dry the soleplate by ironing over a towel or an old cloth to ensure there is
no remaining water inside.
• Unplug the iron and let it cool completely before storing.
STORING THE IRON
• Unplug the iron and allow it to cool. Wrap the cord loosely around the heel rest and
tuck in the plug to secure it.
• Store vertically on its heel rest to prevent water from leaking from the soleplate.