If the geared motor is not used correctly, the motor may be damaged, and you may get an electric shock.
This manual uses two safety levels to give you cautions. These two levels are "DANGER" and "CAUTION"
Note that even if the safety level is
cases. All the cautions, therefore, are very important. Be sure to observe the cautions.
● Before starting operation, be sure to read the instruction manual and the nameplate affixed to the motor,
and fully understand the caution written in the instruction manual and the nameplate.
● Keep flammable substances away from the geared motor. Flammable substances may cause a fire or
Ambient conditions and operation conditions:
● If a lift is designed for human beings, do not use the geared motor for such a lift. This is specified in the
● To use the geared motor for a lift, be sure to install a safety device on the machine side. Without a safety
Building Standard Law.
device, the lifted load may fall from the lift.
● Be sure to ground the motor, and install a dedicated circuit breaker for each motor to prevent electric
● In accordance with the Technical Standard for Electric System and the Regulation for Internal Line
leakage. If you ignore this caution, you may get an electric shock.
● Install an appropriate motor circuit protector for each geared motor. Without any protector, a problem of
specified by the corresponding electric power company, carefully carry out wiring so that safety can be
● Be sure to supply the power of the specified voltage. If a wrong power is supplied, a fire may start.
the motor circuit may result in a fire.
● Always follow the connection drawing in the instruction manual when connecting the power cable.
● If a load is lifted, do not manually release the brake. If the brake is released, the lifted load may fall.
● In the inverter operation mode, operate the motor in the specified frequency range. If the frequency is
● Never go near or touch the rotating parts(shaft, etc)during operation, Failure to observe this could load to
out of the specified range, the motor may be damaged.
● Operate the motor while observing the speed range specified in the outline drawing, specification, catalog,
entanglement or injuries.
etc. If the motor speed is out of the specified range, the motor may be damaged or explode.
Indicates that an operation error may cause an imminently hazardous situation, which,
if not avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
Indicates that an operation error may cause a potentially hazardous situation, which, if
not avoided, may result in minor or moderate injury or physical damage only.
, the operator may be seriously injured or dead in some
－ 1 －
- 1 -