• Undo the power head release/lock knob fully.
• Push down on the knob to release the latch.
• Power head is free to pivot back and out of the power
• Any debris should be cleared from the power head tube
and blow/vac flap.
To Fit Power head (Fig. 16)
• Ensure power head release/lock knob is fully undone
• Offer up the power head and partly insert the fan into the
• Position the bottom recess into the mating pivot position.
Rotate the power head to the fully home position. Ensure
the interlock switch tab is aligned carefully.
• Do up (cw) the power head release/lock knob fully
NOTE: The power head has several interlock switches to
prevent operation if removed from power
head tube assembly. Do not attempt to defeat these
switches. Should the power head be operable, switch off
and disconnect immediately. Return to your nearest
service centre for repair.
WARNING: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
HOSE OUT ANY PART OF THE BLOWER/VAC
POWER HEAD WITH WATER OR LIQUID
• Store your product in a dry place when not in use, out of
the reach of children.
• Do not use solvents or cleaning fluids to clean your
product - use a blunt scraper to remove grass and dirt.
Always disconnect from the electrical supply before
• Do not operate your product if any parts are defective;
discard all defective parts and fit new parts before use.
• Keep all nuts, bolts and screws tight to be sure your
product is in a safe working condition.
• Use only Black & Decker recommended replacement
parts and accessories.
• Replacement impellers are available from a Black &
Decker Service Agent.
The Black & Decker policy is one of continuous improve-
ment to their product and as such they
reserve the right to change product specification without
Your product is double insulated. This means that all
external metal parts are electrically isolated from the
power supply. This is achieved by placing an extra insula-
tion barrier between the electrical and mechanical parts.
Double insulation means greater electrical safety and
obviates the necessity of having your product earthed.
CLEANING AND LUBRICATION
• Use only mile soap and a damp cloth to clean the tool.
Do not use petrol, turpentine, lacquer or paint thinner, dry
cleaning fluids or similar products.
NEVER HOSE THE POWER HEAD WITH WATER.
• Never let any liquid get inside the tool. Never immerse
any part of the tool in liquid.
• Self lubricating bearings are used in the tool and
periodic relubrication is not required.
• In the event that your blower/vac should ever require
service, take or send it to your local Black & Decker
THE BLACK & DECKER AFTER SALES
All Black & Decker products are scrupulously tested
before leaving the factory. However, in the case of your
power tool being defective, please take it to your nearest
Black & Decker Service Center.
Printed in China