B L O W E R V
B L O W E R V
Catalog Number BV2500, BV9000
BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT
FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALL
BEFORE YOU CALL, HAVE THE CATALOG No. AND DATE CODE AVAILABLE. IN MOST CASES, A
BLACK & DECKER REPRESENTATIVE CAN RESOLVE THE PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE. IF YOU HAVE A
SUGGESTION OR COMMENT, GIVE US A CALL. YOUR FEEDBACK IS VITAL TO BLACK & DECKER.
KEY INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW:
• Before operating, make sure that either the blower or vacuum tube assembly is
locked in place.
• The power switch must be OFF in order to depress the release button for
changing blower and vacuum tube assemblies.
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO Y PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA.
ADVERTENCIA: LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.
Form No. 625233-01 Rev. 1
Copyright © 2007 Black & Decker
WARNING: IMPORTANT SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS
TO REDUCE RISK OF INJURY:
• Before any use, be sure everyone using this tool reads and understands all safety
instructions and other information contained in this manual.
• Save these instructions and review frequently prior to use and in instructing others.
When using an electric appliance, basic safety precautions should always
be followed to reduce risk of fire, electric shock, and personal injury, including the following.
Some dust created by this product contains chemicals known to the State
of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of
these chemicals are:
• compounds in fertilizers
• compounds in insecticides, herbicides and pesticides
• arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals, wear approved safety equipment such as dust
masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of
California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after
CAUTION: Wear appropriate personal hearing protection during use. Under some
conditions and duration of use, noise from this product may contribute to hearing loss.
SAFETY GUIDELINES - DEFINITIONS
It is important for you to read and understand this manual.
The information it contains relates to protecting YOUR SAFETY and PREVENTING
PROBLEMS. The symbols below are used to help you recognize this information.
Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result
in death or serious injury.
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could
result in death or serious injury.
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result
in minor or moderate injury.
Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous situation
which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING BLOWER.
GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL TOOLS
• READ and follow all instructions.
• DO NOT place inlet or outlet of vacuum near eyes or ears when operating.
• THIS APPLIANCE IS PROVIDED WITH DOUBLE INSULATION. Use only identical
replacement parts. See instructions for servicing of double insulated appliances.
• STORE IDLE TOOLS. When not in use, the unit should be stored in a dry, high or locked-up
place - out of reach of children.
• DON'T OVERREACH. Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• DO NOT pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
• MAINTAIN TOOL WITH CARE. Keep fan area clean for best and safest performance.
Follow instructions for proper maintenance.
• DO NOT attempt to repair the blower/vac. To assure product safety and reliability, repairs,
maintenance, and adjustments should be performed by Black & Decker service centers or
authorized service stations, always using Black & Decker replacement parts.
• DO NOT operate blower/vac in a gaseous or explosive atmosphere. Motors in these tools
normally spark, and the sparks might ignite fumes.
• DO NOT use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline or use in areas
where they may be present.
• USE EXTRA CARE when cleaning on stairs.
• DO NOT leave appliance when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before
Cat. # BV2500, BV9000
Printed in Mexico
• DO NOT allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near
children. Not recommended for use by children.
• DO NOT attempt to clear clogs from tool without first unplugging it.
• USE ONLY as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended
• DO NOT use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working as it should, has been
dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
• DO NOT pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, or pull cord around sharp edges or
corners. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
• DO NOT unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• DO NOT put any objects into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of
dust, lint, hair and everything that may reduce air flow.
• KEEP hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and moving
• TURN OFF all controls before unplugging.
• DO NOT vacuum water, other liquids, or wet objects such as leaves. Never immerse any
part of the tool in liquid.
• DO NOT handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
• KEEP CHILDREN, BYSTANDERS AND ANIMALS AWAY from the work area a minimum
of 30 feet (10 meters) when starting or operating the tool.
• INSPECT THE AREA before using the tool. Remove all debris and hard objects such as
rocks, glass, wire, etc. that can ricochet, be thrown, or otherwise cause injury or damage
during operation. As a vacuum, the tool is designed to pick up dry material such as leaves,
grass, small twigs, and bits of paper. Do not vacuum stones, gravel, metal, broken glass,
WARNING: To reduce the risk of electrical shock; do not expose to rain, do not use on wet
surfaces. Store indoors.
WARNING: Turn off and unplug unit, then wait until fan stops or at least 10 seconds
before removing the blower or vacuum tube assemblies.
Bouton de Dégagement
Botones de Liberación
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Tube de Rallange
Tubo de Extension
Tubo de Aspirado