@8 CK£BECKER 1
BEFORE YOU CALL, HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AVAILABLE, CATALOG No., TYPE
No., AND DATE CODE. IN MOST CASES, A BLACK & DECKER REPRESENTATIVE
CAN RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE. IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION OR
COMMENT, GIVE US A CALL. YOUR FEEDBACK IS VITALTO BLACK & DECKER.
KEYINFORMATION YOU SHOULDKNOW:
efore operating, make sure that either the blower or vacuum tube assembly is locked
The power switch mustbe OFF in order to depressthe releasebutton for changing blower
and vacuum tube assemblies.
VEA ELESPANOLEN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
Y P©LIZA DE GARANTJA.
LEASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO
ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.
Form No. 625233-00
Cat. # BY2500, BY9000
Copyright © 2004 Black & Decker
Printed in Mexico
TO REDUCERISK OF INJURY:
" Before any use, be sure everyone using this tool reads and understands all safety instructions and other
information contained in this manual.
• Save these instructions and review frequently prior to use and in instructing others.
When using an electric appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed
to reduce risk of fire, electric shock, and personal injury, including the following.
Some dust created by this product contains chemicals known to the State of California to
cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these
• compounds in fertilizers
• compounds in insecticides, herbicides and pesticides
• arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals, wear approved safety equipment such as dust masks that are
filter out microscopic particles.
This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of California to
cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
CAUTION: Wear appropriate personal hearing protection during use. Under someconditions and
duration of use, noise from this product may contribute to hearing loss.
READ ALLINSTRUCTIONS BEFOREUSING BLOWER.
• READ and follow all instructions.
• DO NOT place inlet or outlet of vacuum near eyes or ears when operating.
• THIS APPLIANCE IS PROVIDED WITH DOUBLE INSULATION. Use only identical replacement parts. See instructions for
servicing of double insulated appliances.
• STOREIDLE TOOLS. When not in use, the unit should Be stored in a dry, high or locked-up place- out of reach of children.
• DON'T OVERREACH. Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• DO NOT pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
TOOL WITH CARE. Keep fan area clean for Best and safest performance.
• DO NOT attempt to repair the BIower/vac.
To assure product safety and reliability, repairs, maintenance, and adjustments
should be performed
By Black & Decker service centers or authorized
service stations, always using Black & Decker
• DO NOT operate blower/vac
in a gaseous or explosive atmosphere. Motors in these tools normally spark, and the sparks
might ignite fumes.
• DO NOT use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline or use in areas where they may Be present.
• USE EXTRA CARE when cleaning on stairs.
• DO NOT leave appliance when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before servicing.
• DO NOT allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used By or near children. Not recommended for use by
• DO NOT attempt to clear clogs from tool without first unplugging it.
• USE ONLY as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended attachments.
• DO NOT usewith damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors,
or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
• DO NOT pull or carry By cord, use cord as a handle, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners. Keep cord away from
• DO NOT unplug By pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• DO NOT put any objects into openings. Do not usewith any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair and everything that
may reduce air flow.
• KEEPhair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of Body away from openings and moving parts.
• TURN OFF all controls Before unplugging.
• DO NOT vacuum water, other liquids, or wet objects such as leaves. Never immerse any part of the tool in liquid.
• DO NOT handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
• KEEPCHILDREN, BYSTANDERSAND ANIMALS AWAY from the work area a minimum of 30 feet (10 meters) when starting or
operating the tool.
• INSPECTTHE AREA Before using the tool. Remove all debris and hard objects such as rocks, glass, wire, etc. that can ricochet,
be thrown, or otherwise cause in ury or damage during operation. As a vacuum, the tool is designed to pick up dry material
such as eaves, grass, sma twigs, and Bits of paper. Do not vacuum stones, grave, meta, Broken g ass, etc.
To reduce the risk of electrical shock; do not expose to rain, do not useon wet surfaces.
Turn off and unplug unit, then wait until fan stops or at least 10 seconds Before removing the blower or
vacuum tube assemblies.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
B0ut0n d eD_gagement
Tube d eRallange
Tub0 d e
Blowing M ode
Modo d eAspiradora
Your Blower/Vac is double-insulated to give you added safety. In a double insulated appliance, M'o systems of insulation are
provided instead ofgrounding.
means is provided on a double insulated appliance, nor should a means for
the appliance. Servicing a double insulated appliance
requires extreme care and knowledge of the
system and should Be done only by qualified service personnel. Replacementparts
for a double insulated appliance must Be
identical to the parts they replace. A double insulated appliance
the words double insulated or "double
insulation". The symbol (square within a square) may also Be marked on the appliance.
Double insulated tools have 2-wire cords and can be used with 2-wire or 3-wire extension cords. Only round jacketed
extension cords should be used, and we recommend
that they be listed by Underwriters
(U.L.) (C.S.A. in
Canada). If the extension will be used outside, the cord must Be suitable for outdoor use. Any cord marked as outdoor can also
Be used for indoor work.
An extension cord must have adequate wire size (AWG or American Wire Gauge) for safely, and to prevent lossof power and
The smaller the gauge number of the wire, the greater the capacity of the cable, that is 16 gauge has more
capacity than 18 gauge. When using more than one extension to make up the total length, be sure each individual extension
contains at least the minimum wire size.
To determine the minimum wire size required, refer to the chart Below. Before using an extension cord, inspect it for loose or
exposed wires, damaged insulation, and defective fittings. Make any needed repairs or replace the cord if necessary.
American Wire Gage
Minimum Gage for CordSets
TotalLength of Cordin Feet