Properly main tained cutting tools with sharp cutting
edges are less likely to bind and are easier to control.
g) Use the power tool, accessories and tool bits etc.,
in accordance with these instructions and in the
manner intended for the particular type of power tool,
taking into account the working conditions and the
work to be performed. Use of the power tool for opera-
tions different from those intended could result in a
a) Have your power tool serviced by a qualified repair
person using only identical replacement parts. This
will ensure that the safety of the power tool is maintained.
Additional Safety Instructions For Australia And New
a) Young children and the infirm. This appliance is not
intended for use by young children or infirm persons
without supervision. Young children should be supervised
to ensure that they do not play with this appliance.
b) Replacement of the supply cord. If the supply cord
is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or
an authorised Service Centre in order to avoid a hazard.
WarningThe use of any accessory or attachment,
other than those recommended in this instruction manual,
may present a risk of personal injury.
Have your tool repaired by an Authorised Service
This electrical tool is in accordance with the
relevant safety requirements. Repairs should only be
carried out by an Authorised Service Agent using original
spare parts, otherwise this may result in considerable
danger to the user.
• Supply cord. If the supply cord of this tool is damaged
it must only be replaced by a Black & Decker Authorised
Service Centre to avoid a hazard.
SPECIFIC SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS FOR
• Ensure safe working distance while in blow mode.
• Never allow children or persons who are unfamiliar with
this type of product to use it, nor anyone who has not read
this instruction manual.
• Do not allow children, animals or other persons
near your product when in use - always keep them
at least 6m (20') away from the working area.
• Remember that the operator/user is responsible for
accidents or hazards occurring to other people or their
• Your product is designed for use on 120 or 220V AC
(mains) electrical supplies only - do not attempt to use on
any other supply.
• Never carry your product by the cable or jerk the cable.
Keep the cable away from heat sources, oils or sharp
edges. Check the condition of your cable before use and
do not use if damaged.
• Do not use your product barefoot or in open sandals or
• To protect your feet, always wear stout shoes or boots -
freshly cut grass is damp and slippery. Rubber or man
made footwear will enhance your safety.
Use protective equipment. Wear safety
spectacles or goggles whilst operating your product
in blow mode.
• Use a face mask if dusty.
• Use ear protection, especially if the sound level seems
uncomfortable when using your product.
• Wear long trousers to protect your legs.
Warning! Secure long hair so it is above shoulder
length. Keep loose clothing, ties, tassles and hanging
straps away from openings and moving parts.
• The power supply cable should be regularly inspected
for signs of damage or ageing, and only used if in good
• Always be sure your product is in a safe operating
condition and all parts are secure before use.
• Do not operate the product if any parts are defective or
• Do not pick up burning materials such as cigarette butts
or smouldering ashes.
• Do not pick up breakable objects such as glass, plastics
• Do not operate the blower/vac in a gaseous or explosive
atmosphere as motors in these tools normally spark and
this may ignite fumes.
• Not to be used by persons under the age of 16 or
persons who have not read this instruction manual. You
are responsible if there is an accident.
• Do not use in vacuum mode without the collection bag in
• Always switch off and remove the plug from the
electricity supply when:
– The supply cable has become damaged or entagled.
– You leave your product.
– Clearing a blockage
– Checking, adjusting, cleaning or working on your
• Do not place the inlet or outlet of the vacuum near eyes
or ears when operating.
Warning! Do not use your product in the rain and do
not allow it to get wet. Avoid using the product in wet