The following checklist and the manuals supplied with your CLIÉ™ handheld will help
you remedy problems you may encounter with your unit. Before going through the
checklist below, check the connection and operating procedures.
Sony recommends that you make a note of displayed messages or alerts for future
My CLIÉ handheld is not held by holding arm.
tCheck the size of the holding arm when use the supplied holding arm for your
CLIÉ handheld. Do not use your CLIÉ handheld if it is not compatible with the car
tCheck if you are using the correct holding arm for your CLIÉ handheld. There are
two holding arms supplied.
The Power LED does not turn on when my CLIÉ handheld is mounted in
the car cradle.
• Verify the ignition switch is in the ON position.
• Verify if your CLIÉ handheld is compatible with the car cradle.
• Check the connection of the car battery adapter to the cigarette lighter socket.
• Check the connection between the car cradle and the car battery adapter.
• Check the fuse in the car battery adapter.
• Check the battery level of your CLIÉ handheld.
The battery cannot be charged.
• If the battery of your CLIÉ handheld is low, the battery cannot be charged because
the CLIÉ handheld cannot activate.
• If the temperature around the battery exceeds a certain temperature, the battery
cannot be charged to protect the battery.
tStop charging the battery until the temperature around the battery drops.
Continued on next page
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •