Replace a power supply unit (PSU)
Lenovo ThinkAgile HX Series appliances use two power supply units. Those power supplies are redundant
when using 208 - 230V input power, allowing one power supply to meet the needs of the node. Losing one
power supply may not impact node operation, however, replace a failed power supply unit as soon as possible
to restore redundancy.
A failed power supply unit is indicated by:
Amber warning LED on node front panel is on
XCC shows a power supply alert
Nutanix Prism web console shows a power supply alert
If using VMware ESXi, the vSphere client Hardware Status tab shows a power supply alert.
Table 4. Power supply options
ThinkSystem 550W(230V/115V) Platinum Hot-Swap Power Supply
ThinkSystem 750W(230/115V) Platinum Hot-Swap Power Supply
ThinkSystem 750W (230V) Titanium Hot-Swap Power Supply
ThinkSystem 1100W (230V/115V) Platinum Hot-Swap Power Supply
Replace a power supply:
1. Lenovo ThinkAgile HX Series appliances contain two power supplies. Identify the failed power supply by
checking in Prism, XCC or by the indicator lights on the power supply units.
2. Disconnect the power supply power cable carefully. Do not dislodge the other power cable.
3. Remove the power supply as described in the
4. Replace the power supply as described in the
5. Reconnect the power cable.
6. Verify the power supply is successfully replaced:
Amber warning light on the server front panel is off
Green indicator light on each power supply is on
No error shown in XCC
No error shown in Prism
Lenovo Converged HX Series Hardware Replacement Guide
Figure 5. Hot-swap power supply
Remove a hot-swap power supply
Install a hot-swap power supply
HX1320, HX2320-E, HX3320
HX 1320, HX2320-E, HX3320
procedure in the
procedure in the
© Copyright Lenovo 2017