No part of this publication may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, or translated into any language in any form by any means without the written permission of A&D Company Ltd. The contents of this manual and the specifications of the instrument covered by this manual are subject to change for improvement without notice.
7-4 Before operating the pipette .................. 13 7-5 Parts names and materials ..................14 7-6 Precautions before dispensing ................15 NAME AND FUNCTIONS OF DISPLAY AND KEYS ..............16 8-1 Display and functions..................... 16 8-2 Key switches and functions ................... 17 FUNCTION AND HOW TO USE ....................18...
14. TROUBLE SHOOTING......................39 15. WHEN REQUESTNG REPAIRE....................41 16. SPECIFICATIONS ........................42 17. LIST OF ITEMS SOLD SEPARATELY（DISPOSABLE ITEMS） ........44 17-1 Stands and hanger....................44 17-2 Tips, tip boxes and the filter................. 45 17-3 Disposable items (User replaceable)..............47 17-4 Inspection equipment................... 48...
3. FEATURE The MPA / MPB series is a high precision and performance electronic pipette that achieves operability without putting a burden on the hand. This pipette is developed for the purpose to prevent RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) which may occur when repeatedly using a manual pipette, and does not require any special skill so anyone can easily and accurately dispense the specified volume.
Please note that this device generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy. This device has been tested and has been found to comply with the limits of a Class A computing device pursuant to Subpart J of Part 15 of FCC rules. These rules are designed to provide reasonable protection against interference when this device is operated in a commercial environment.
□ The pipette has three modes where advantages of electromotion are utilized. (Refer to “9. FUNCTION AND HOW TO USE”) - Standard mode (AUTO) This is for basic pipette operation. In this mode, the pipette aspirates once and then dispenses once. - Multiple dispensing mode (MD) This is for dispensing liquid on a microplate, etc.
6. PACKING CONTENTS AND NAME OF ITEMS Confirm that the following contents are all included. ○ Electronic pipette MPA-10 / 20 / 200 / 1200 /10000 MPB-200-8 / 1200-8 (Any one among them) ○ Accessories (1) Battery (1 pc) (2) The AC adapter (Combined use for charging) (Switching with AC100V to 240V) Selectable power plug (A / BF / C / S type) * AC adapter has the A type AC adapter plug attached.
BF type Selectable power plug (7) Pipette tip (1pc of each ) ＊ (4) Instruction manual (5) Quick operation guide (6) Performance certification For 10/20μL (For MPA-10/20) For 200μL (For MPA-200) For 1200μL For 10mL (For MPA-1200) (For MPA-10000) (Attached to the...
7. PREPARATION BEFORE USE 7-1 Installing the battery 1. Remove the battery cover (2) by sliding it upward while pressing and holding the battery cover release button (1). 2. Connect the terminal of the battery’s cable, as shown in the figure below, to the connector for the battery in the bottom of the battery compartment.
3. Connect the AC adapter plug to the outlet. The battery mark will be displayed on LCD of the pipette, and it will blink during recharging. If connecting the power cable to the outlet before setting the battery in the pipette, please note that the recharging will not start.
－How to use the charging stand (sold separately)－ Pipettes can be charged by hooking onto one of the following devices mentioned in “17-1 Stands and hanger”: charging stand for single MPA, charging stand for four MPAs, charging hanger. Consult the instruction manual for each device for more details.
7-4 Before operating the pipette Holding the pipette - Hold the pipette so that the finger hook is between a forefinger and middle finger. - To aspirate or dispense a liquid, operate the Operation key or the Up key below the display. Operate the Operation key using the forefinger, as shown in the figure below.
7-5 Parts names and materials The following shows the each name of electronic pipette When confirming LCD, refer to “8-1 Display and functions” for details. Electrode (-) for charging Space to label the name sticker Impact-absorbing pad Display Electrode (+) for...
7-6 Precautions before dispensing 1) Before dispensing any material ensure the power is on. If power is switched on when tip is submerged in a liquid the piston will return and the tip holder will become wet. 2) Precautions for using the MPA-10000 ・To prevent liquid from touching the tip holder be sure to attach the MPA-10000 filter...
8. NAME AND FUNCTIONS OF DISPLAY AND KEYS 8-1 Display and functions Operation mode Aspirating and Dispensing dispensing amount display speed display Reverse operation mark Battery mark Display of number Blowout mark Buzzer mark and a number of times Notice mark...
Decreases the volume and setting value. Changes items (Mode). Resetting key Stops dispensing a liquid and returns the built-in piston to the initial default position. By pressing the Resetting key, all illuminations illuminate. After that, the pipette returns to the operating mode if any key is pressed.
(MD) and the mixing mode (MIX). 9-1 Standard mode (AUTO) 1) Operating the standard mode This is a basic operation for pipetting. Aspirating one time and dispensing one time. This operation is the same as for a manual pipette. 2) Selecting the standard mode (The display is example.)
[ 1 ] Put the tip end into the liquid to be dispensed and press the Operation key on the pipette to aspirate the liquid. Aspirate [ 2 ] Put the tip end into the receiving vessel and press the Operation key on the pipette to dispense the liquid. Dispense...
When carrying out pre-rinse for multiple dispensing or stopping multiple dispensings, use the total discharge function. (Refer to “9-8. Total discharge function”) Minimum dispensing amount and maximum dispensing count for multiple dispensing mode is as follow. MODEL Minimum dispensing amount...
(The example shows 20μL x 10 times = approx. 200μL) Aspirate [ 2 ] Put the tip end into a receiving vessel and press Operation key on the pipette to dispense the amount for one time. Dispense...
This is a useful operation when uniformly mixing different types of liquids. In this method, aspirating and dispensing are repeated. This type of repetitive operation often results in fatigue, but with this pipette it is automatically carried out with the touch of one switch.
Enter key to select mixing mode (MIX). [ 4 ] Press the Up or Down key to set mixing count (One set with aspirating and dispensing). * Ten times maximum [ 5 ] Press the Enter key to confirm mixing count.
[ 3 ] The pipette executes the set count of aspirating- dispensing cycles while leaving approximately 1/3 of the set mixing volume in the tip. Dispensing to absorption Repeat with mixing count set. [ 4 ] Press the Operation key on the pipette to dispense the liquid remaining in the tip.
Up or Down key, change the setting of each item, and press the Enter key to confirm it. 2) Item of the system setting mode Display of the each item and setting contents Functions Displays Setting contents High speed Low speed...
01 to 09). By saving a frequently used mode or volume for operation beforehand, these setting can easily be read out from the next use. Select and set the mode or volume to be saved before saving the program setting.
1 ) Setting the reverse mode (The display is example.) [ 1 ] Press the Back key. [ 2 ] Press the Up or Down Key to select "SYS". [ 3 ] Press the Enter key to enter the system setting mode.
* After carrying out blowout, the built-in piston remains in the blowout position while the Operation key is being held down, and it returns to initial position when the finger was released from the Operation key. By releasing the Operation key after removing the tip end from the vessel, aspiration of the dispensed liquid in the tip again can be prevented.
The electronic pipette aspirates and dispenses a liquid by moving the internal piston up and down using motor. Since movement of motor and piston reverses when the operation switches from aspirating to dispensing, an error in dispensing volume due to backlash will occur.
PIPETTING FOR ACCURATE DISPENSING When performing aspiration, if the tip is immersed □ too deeply into the sample liquid, an amount larger than the selected dispensing volume may be delivered, as excess liquid attaches the outside of the tip. Ideally, for aspiration, the tip should be dipped into 2 to 3mm the liquid to a depth of 2 to 3 mm.
This is a function to correct the dispensing volume of the MPA / MPB series. Using an A&D pipette accuracy tester or other appropriate device, measure the volume actually dispensed as opposed to the selected dispensing volume setting, and then enter the actual dispensed volume to the pipette to correct its dispensing volume. To calibrate...
Go through the following procedure to restore the factory default settings for volume calibration: (The display is example.) [ 1 ] Press the Back key. [ 2 ] Press and hold the Back key for approx. three seconds while “AUTO” is selected. (μL calibration mode)
Although the density of a liquid can vary depending on the sample type and concentration, by weighing the dispensed amount with an electronic balance and inputting the result into the pipette, it becomes possible to easily dispense the liquid in a unit of weight (mg).
* The calibration data reverts back to the factory default once the weight unit is switched. 11-4 Weight calibration function (mg calibration function) The density of a liquid varies depending on the type and concentration of the material. Make sure to perform mg calibration when you dispense a different sample or use the mg unit for the first time.
2. Set the dispensing amount of the MPA / MPB series to the weight to which you would like to calibrate it. (The example is 100mg) 3. Using an electronic balance, measure and record an actually dispensed weight as opposed to the selected dispensing amount setting. (The example is 95mg) 4.
If the lower part is contaminated or damaged it can be replaced. - Removing/reattaching the lower part - ・Hold the base of the pipette tightly and twist the connection nut to the left to loosen. ・Once the connection nut is removed the lower part can be removed by pulling.
Please refrain from loosening or further disassembling the tip holder as this leads to debris becoming attached to the inner parts degrading performance of the device. Push both sides of the ejector inward and pull the ejector down to remove. Push both sides of...
Press both cylinder detachment switches Cylinder unit ・To install a cylinder unit, extend the piston of the cylinder unit and insert until the cylinder detachment switch locks. Insert until the cylinder detachment switch locks.
14. TROUBLE SHOOTING Due to repeatedly aspirating and dispensing various liquids the micropipette easily succumbs to damage and contamination. In the event of device failure consult the following table. Request repair if that still doesn’t solve the problem. (Refer to “15.
01 Err Connection nut (Refer Reattach the connection nut. to “7-5 Parts names Press the reset key and reset and materials”) the device. is loose 02 Err Stepping motor failure Press the reset key and return...
When requesting repairs, it is essential that you confirm the pipette is free of contamination by a harmful material. Please photocopy the “Attestation of contamination removal” that can be found on the last page of this manual, fill in the required items, and attach it to the pipette you are going to send.
Approx. 280mm Weight Approx. 150g Approx. 160g Approx. 170g Approx. 190g (Battery is included.) *1 When in standard mode with maximum aspirating and dispensing speeds, and on a full charge *2 For recharging. The pipette can be used even when recharging.
Total length (device) Approx. 290mm Weight Approx. 290g Approx. 280g (Battery is included.) *1 When in standard mode with maximum aspirating and dispensing speeds, and on a full charge *2 For recharging. The pipette can be used even when recharging.
LIST OF ITEMS SOLD SEPARATELY（DISPOSABLE ITEMS） 17-1 Stands and hanger ○AX-ST-CH-A1 Charging stands for ○AX-ST-CH-M4 Charging stand for single MPA four MPAs ○AX-ST-CHG Charging hanger ○AX-HA-STD Hanger ○AX-ST-ACR Acrylic stand ○AX-ST-SUS Stainless steel stand MPA : For 2 MPA : For 3...
17-2 Tips, tip boxes and the filter Applicable pipette Number Name -200 -1200 -10000 -200-8 -1200-8 Tip box with locking parts ○ ○ ○ ○ AX-BOX-200A 10/20/200μL Tip box with locking parts ○ ○ AX-BOX-1200A 1200μL Tip box (Simple type) *3 ○...
○AX-BOX-200B. AX-BOX-1200B Tip box Upper Case ( polycarbonate ※ Possible to sterilize in an autoclave Lower case ( polycarbonate ○AX-CART-10/20. AX-CART-200. AX-CART-1200. AX-CART-1200-8 Tip cartridge Consultation) The tip is marked with lines to act as guidelines for the aspiration amount. 50mm For 10/20μL (MPA exclusive use)
17-4 Inspection equipment - Leak tester AD-1690 Leakage within the pipette can be easily checked. AD-1690 - Pipette accuracy tester BM-20/22(BM-014 attached) MPA-10/20 AD-4212B-PT MPA-10/20/200/1200 MPB-200-8/1200-8 MPA-20/200/1200/10000 BM-252(BM-014 attached) MPB-200-8/1200-8 MPA-200/1200 AD-4212A-PT MPB-200-8/1200-8 FX-300i-PT MPA-1200/10000 MPB-200-8/1200-8 BM-20/22 (BM-014 attached) FX-300i-PT...
○ Pipette Professional AD-1695 Pre-registered pipettes can be connected to Leak Tester (AD-1690) and Pipette Accuracy Tester (balance) and accuracy and reproducibility data from pipettes can be evaluated, recorded and output to assist in daily and periodic checks. AD-1695 AD-1695...
Attestation of contamination removal Please fill in the following items when you send a pipette for repair. Model name: Serial number S/N: I attest to the fact that this pipette is free of contamination by any substances that could pose a health threat to humans, such as Infectious bacteria or viruses, radioactive substances with associated risks of exposure, toxic substances, etc.
3-23-14 Higashi-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 170-0013, JAPAN Telephone:  (3) 5391-6132 Fax:  (3) 5391-6148 A&D ENGINEERING, INC. 1756 Automation Parkway, San Jose, California 95131, U.S.A. Telephone:  (408) 263-5333 Fax:  (408)263-0119 A&D INSTRUMENTS LIMITED Unit 24/26 Blacklands Way, Abingdon Business Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 1DY United Kingdo Telephone:  (1235) 550420 Fax:  (1235) 550485 A&D AUSTRALASIA PTY LTD...