Retrieving the embossing pattern on the machine
For detailed instructions on using the cutting machine, refer to the Operation Manual supplied with it.
In this manual, the embossing effect created using the lines of a
pattern is called line embossing.
• With line embossing, only use paper with a thickness of 0.5
mm or less or metal sheets with a thickness of 0.2 mm or less.
• The procedure for metal sheets uses genuine Brother metal
With the tab on the embossing mat at the bottom left,
attach the green side to the standard tack adhesive mat or
the low tack adhesive mat.
• We recommend attaching it to a new cutting mat.
• Attach the embossing mat so it does not extend from the
attaching area of the cutting mat.
Peel the protective sheet from the embossing mat, and
then attach the material (side to be embossed facing
down) to the mat.
• Position the material so the area to be embossed fits within the
(With metal sheets) Peel the protective sheet from the
embossing mat, and then attach the metal sheet (with the
protective sheets attached and the tabs at the bottom) to
• Using a metal sheet without the protective sheets, may result in
damage of the emboss tool or the cutting machine.
• Before cutting the metal sheet, emboss it, and then peel off
both protective sheets. Before embossing the remainder of the
metal sheet, affix a protective sheet to each side.
Set the elevation lever on the left side of the machine to
the "2" position.
Download the embossing pattern from