IMPORTANT! KEEP FOR REFERENCE.
Failure to follow these warnings and the instructions could result in serious injury or
• FALL HAZARD:
• When Used in the Upper Mattress position:
To prevent falls, stop using the upper mattress position when infant:
• begins to push up on hands and knees, OR
• begins to pull up on product sides (approximately 5 months), OR
• has reached 15 lbs.
...whichever comes first
• When Used in the Lower Mattress position:
Stop using the lower mattress position when child:
• begins to stand in product, OR
• has reached 12 months of age, OR
• has reached 25 lbs.
...whichever comes first.
• SUFFOCATION HAZARD - Infants have suffocated:
• on added pillows, blankets, and similar soft bedding.
• in gaps between a mattress too small or too thick and product sides.
• in gaps between extra padding and the side of the products.
• on soft bedding.
Only use the pad provided by the manufacturer. Never place extra padding (pillow,
comforter, another mattress, etc) under or beside the infant.
• STRANGULATION HAZARD:
• Strings can cause strangulation! Never place items with a string around a child's neck
such as hood strings or pacifier cords. Never suspend strings over product or attach
strings to toys. Never place product near a window or door where cords from blinds or
drapes can strangle a child.
• Never place product near a window where cords from blinds or drapes can strangle a
• Do not leave anything in the product or place the product close to another product,
which could provide a foothold or present a danger of suffocation or strangulation, e.g.
strings, blind/curtain cords, etc.
• To reduce the risk of SIDS, pediatricians recommend healthy infants be placed on their
back to sleep, unless otherwise advised by your physician.
• Do not use a sheet designed to fit a full-size crib. If a sheet is used with the pad, only use
one specifically designed to fit this mattress.
• Check product before assembly regularly before using it and do not use it if any parts
are loose or missing or if there are any signs of damage (broken parts, torn mesh/fabric).
Never substitute parts. Contact Kids II if replacement parts or additional instructions are
• Do not move product with child inside.
• Always place on a horizontal floor.
• Product shall not be used without the mattress provided, and the mattress shall not be
– 2 –