• By way of an uplink port with a Bridge function, the limitations on
100Mbps hub count(maximum 2) can be eliminated. The hub count is
unlimited and cable length between hubs can reach 100meters, as
shown in Figure 3-5.
• All PCs with 10Mbps network adapter cards transmit data at 10Mbps
and form the 10Mbps network domain, as shown in Figure 3-6.
• PCs with 10/100Mbps network adapter cards will auto-negotiate and
switch the network speed to 100Mbps. They transmit data at 100Mbps
and form the 100Mbps network domain, as shown in Figure 3-6.
• The data in 10Mbps or 100Mbps domain will be inter-connected by
internal built-in switch in the Master hub consequently.
• All hubs delivering data by the shared-bus always work on half-duplex
mode; that is, data can be sent or received at one time in one direction.
Figure 3-5Unlimited cascading of ALH-316ds/324ds.
Figure 3-6 Network domains and bridged uplink.