2.1 Connecting power cord
Carefully unpack the ALH-316ds/324ds and it's accessories. For the first
time that you use this hub, please make sure there is all the same as the
checking list in the package. The procedure for connecting to the power
1. Place the hub on the desktop or one a rack stably and verify the
power cord is a correct one suitable for your national standard plugs.
2. Connect the power cord to the hub first
3. Plug the power cord into the outlet on the wall, turn on the power,
and check if the power LED lights up. If it lights up, then the hub is
ready to be connected to the network. See Figure 2-3.
2.2 Connecting to computers
Make sure the hub is ready for networking by checking if the PWR
1. Shut down the computer and install an adapter card in.
2. Plug in the one end of UTP/STP cable to the RJ-45 phone jack of the
3. Plug the other end of UTP/STP to normal ports of the ALH-
4.Turn on the PC and check if the Link LEDs on the adapter card and
the hub (Named as Link/REC) are lit up. See Figure 2-4
Figure 2-3 Connecting to the power