3. Hardware Description
This chapter describes the network topology for hybrid 10 Mbps and 100
Mbps networks, cabling requirement for connections, the interoperability
between hubs and switches.
3.1 Connecting a hub/switch to normal port
You can use the ALH-316ds/324ds as a terminal connecting equipments
in corporate LAN environment, and for the purpose of expanding your port
number you can connect another hub/switch with it's uplink port to the
normal port of ALH-316ds/324ds. See Figure 3-1
1. Place the hub/switch on a stable surface.
2. Use one end of the UTP/STP cord to connect to the uplink port of the
3. Use the other end of the UTP/STP cord to connect to the normal port of
4. Check the status of Link LED. If the Link LED is lit on green then it works
5. Then you can connect the terminal to the new hub/switch
H U B
Figure 3-1 Connecting to normal port with other hub/switch