41cm 18V 1.5Ah Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer 407635 Instruction Manual IMPORTANT! Please read these instructions fully before starting assembly. These instructions contain important information that will help you get the best from your product, ensuring it is assembled correctly and safely. If you need help...
Contents General Safety Warnings..................3 Intended use......................Symbols......................16 In the box....///./....................19 Assembly......................21 Operating the hedge trimmer..//...............24 Maintenance and Storage..//................27 Troubleshooting.....................28 Technical Data..../..//..................29 Recycling and Disposal../................30 Warranty.......................31...
General Safety Warnings General power tool safety warnings WARNING! Read all safety warnings and all instructions. Failure to follow the warnings and instructions may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury. Save all warnings and instructions for future reference. The term ‘power tool’...
- Avoid body contact with earthed or grounded surfaces, such as pipes, radiators, ranges and refrigerators. There is an increased risk of electric shock if your body is earthed or grounded. - Do not expose power tools to rain or wet conditions. Water entering a power tool will increase the risk of electric shock.
• Personal safety - Stay alert, watch what you are doing and use common sense when operating a power tool. Do not use a power tool while you are tired or under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medication. A moment of inattention while operating power tools may result in serious personal injury.
- If devices are provided for the connection of dust extraction and collection facilities, ensure these are connected and properly used. Use of dust collection devices can reduce dust-related hazards. • Power tool use and care - Do not force the power tool. Use the correct power tool for your application.
- Keep cutting tools sharp and clean. Properly maintained cutting tools with sharp cutting edges are less likely to bind and are easier to control. - Use the power tool, accessories and tool bits, etc., in accordance with these instructions, taking into account the working conditions and the work to be performed.
• Pay attention to correct polarity when inserting the battery. • Do not short-circuit the positive and negative terminals of the battery (e.g. on a wire). • Do not wear or store the battery with necklaces, hairpins, or other metal objects. •...
to 25°C). For longer storage, the battery must be recharged once a year to avoid complete discharge. • The permissible temperatures for charging the battery are between 0°C and 40°C, for discharging between 0°C and 60°C. • Battery and charger will be warm during charging. This is normal and not indicative of a malfunction.
Note: The batteries in your charger are Li-ion type. Before disposing of damaged or used Li-ion batteries, check your local hazardous waste regulations for the disposal of the batteries. Or you can take the batteries to a certified service for recycling. •...
• The cord of the charger is not changeable; do not continue to use if the cord is damaged. • Do not expose to water or rain. Do not use in wet conditions. • Do not open the charger. Do not probe the charger. •...
Never let children or untrained persons use the device. WARNING! The cutting elements continue to rotate a little after the engine has been switched off. • Only use the device in daylight or with sufficient artificial lighting. • Remove the battery before checking, maintenance or working on the tool.
• Always ensure that all guards are fitted when using the device. Never attempt to use an incomplete tool or a tool with unauthorised modifications. • Always use two hands to operate the power tool. • When transporting or storing the tool, always fit the blade sheath.
• Always be aware of falling debris when cutting the higher sides of a hedge. • Be aware of the cutting blade; always wear gloves to protect your hands from injury. Information about noise reduction A certain amount of noise caused by this device is unavoidable.
Residual risks Even if you are operating this product in accordance with all the safety requirements, potential risks of injury and damage remain. The following dangers can arise in connection with the structure and design of this product: • Health defects resulting from vibration emissions if the product is being used over long periods of time or not adequately managed and properly maintained.
Intended use This Li-ion cordless hedge trimmer is intended for trimming hedges, bushes and shrubs. Observe the technical data for the maximum cutting capacity. Do not cut non plant material or branches exceeding the stated maximum capacity. For safety reasons, it is essential to read this entire instruction manual before first operation and to observe all the instructions herein.
Do not expose to rain. WARNING! The device is not protected against electric shocks when it touches highvoltage lines! Maintain a safe distance of 10m from live electrical lines. Guaranteed sound power level data (90dB), in accordance with Directive 2000/14/EC. Warning symbols on the charger Before use, carefully read through the user manual.
Warning symbols on the battery Do not dispose of batteries in rivers or immerse them in water. Do not subject the battery to strong sunlight over long periods and do not leave it on a heater (max. 45°C). max. 45 Do not dispose of batteries in a fire.
In the box Parts 1. Working head 8. Charging station 2. Pole tube 9. LED light 3. Blade sheath 10. Safety lock-off button 4. Blade 11. Front handle 5. Main switch 12. Quick release for telescopic handle 6. Battery pack 13.
WARNING! Before using the tool, read all instructions carefully. Charging the battery WARNING! The charger and battery pack are specifically designed to work together so do not attempt to use any other devices. Never insert or allow metallic objects into your charger or battery pack connections;...
Assembly Charging procedure Important charging notes Longest life and best performance can be obtained if the battery pack is charged when the air temperature is between 18-24°C. Do not charge the battery pack in a very low or very high air temperature. This is important and will prevent serious damage to the battery pack.
• Under certain conditions with the charger plugged into the power supply, the exposed charging contacts inside the charger can be shorted by foreign materials. Foreign materials of a conductive nature, such as, but not limited to, steel wool, aluminium foil, or any build-up of metallic particles, should be kept away from charger cavities.
Assemble the front handle Attach the front handle to the block on the lower handle and insert the bolt. Tighten the knob to the bolt. Take off the blade sheath Slide the blade sheath off before you start the machine.
Operating the hedge trimmer Switch ON/OFF WARNING! If any parts are missing, damaged or broken, do not operate your hedge trimmer until all damaged parts have been replaced or repaired. Failure to do so could result in serious personal injury. Switching the trimmer on: Push forward the safety lock-off button (A) and then press the start button (B) on the handle.
Function of the swivel head Note: The cutter head can be locked in nine positions (-45°~90°). Hold the handle (D) tightly. Push the lock button (E) and then turn the cutter head (F) to the desired position. Release the lock button (E) again and check whether the cutter head is locked in place.
Cutting guide Seasonal hedges and shrubs that lose their leaves in the winter should be trimmed in June and October. Evergreen hedges and shrubs that retain their leaves in the winter should be trimmed in April and August. Conifers and other fast-growing shrubs can be trimmed every six weeks, from May onwards, throughout the growing season.
Maintenance and Storage Maintenance WARNING! Before any maintenance, always take off the battery pack and wear protective gloves. Lubrication of the blade For easier operation and longer life, lubricate the cutting blades before and after each use. Before lubricating, make sure your hedge trimmer is disconnected from the battery. Apply the oil (any kind of lubrication oil) so that it runs between the two blades.
Do not allow cuttings and other debris to become dry and hard on any of the hedge trimmer surfaces. This will directly affect the cutting performance. Make sure that the blade is kept free of all cuttings and other debris. Take extra care to clean the cooling vents.
Technical data Technical data table Model M0E-16ET-410 Voltage 18V d.c. Battery type Lithium-ion No load speed 1200/min. Cutting length/tooth spacing 410mm/14mm Battery pack Battery pack B0P-SP02-20-15B Battery type Lithium-ion Battery capacity 18Vd.c. 1.5Ah Charging time Approx. 1 hour Charger Charger SMVCH001212000B Rated voltage 230-240V~/50Hz...
The noise figures quoted are emission levels and are not necessarily safe working levels. Factors that influence the actual level of exposure to the workforce include the characteristics of the work room, the other sources of noise, etc., i.e. the number of machines and other adjacent processes, and the length of time for which an operator is exposed to the noise.
Warranty Any claim under this warranty must be made within 2 years of the date of purchase. To make a claim under the warranty, take the product (with proof of purchase) to your local store. HHGL Limited bears reasonable, direct expenses of claiming under the warranty. You may submit details and proof to our store for consideration.