Cleaning the Disc
A defective or soiled disc inserted into the unit can cause sound to drop out during playback.
Handle the disc by holding its inner and outer edges.
• Do NOT touch the surface of the unlabeled side of the disc.
• Do NOT stick paper or tape on the surface.
• Do NOT expose the disc to direct sunlight or excessive heat.
• Clean the disc before playback. Wipe the disc from the center outward with a cleaning
• NEVER use solvents such as benzine or alcohol to clean the disc.
• Do NOT use irregular shaped discs (example: heart shaped, octagonal, etc.). They may cause
Cleaning the Unit
• Be sure to turn the unit off and disconnect the power source before maintaining the unit.
• Wipe the unit with a dry soft cloth. If the surfaces are extremely dirty, wipe clean with a cloth that has
been dipped in a weak soap-and-water solution and wrung out thoroughly. Then wipe with a dry cloth.
• Never use alcohol, benzine, thinner, cleaning fluid or other chemicals. Do NOT use compressed air to
• Before transporting the unit, remove any disc from the disc compartment.
• If the CHARGE / OFF / ON switch is in ON position, but the product does not appear to be on, it's
actually in STANDBY mode - you can turn it on by moving the switch to the OFF (middle) position,
then back to ON position. You can also turn the product from STANDBY to ON using the remote
• When the CHARGE / OFF / ON switch is in ON position you can use the remote control to put the
product in STANDBY mode. The red light on the front of the product will illuminate when the product
is in STANDBY mode.
• Please ensure the player is powered by the AC power adapter if you intend to use STANDBY mode.
Please visit online help at www.RCAav.com
Need more help?