Aligning the Print Head
If printed images seem distorted, as when parallel lines are not printed parallel, align the print head.
• If ink runs out as the print head alignment sheet is printed, an error message appears on the LCD.
What you will need: one sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper (recycled paper is acceptable)*
* Use white paper that is clean on both sides.
1. Make sure the printer is on.
2. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in cassette 1.
After you insert the cassette, a screen for registering paper information is displayed on the LCD. Select
A4 or Letter in Size: and Plain paper in Type:, and then press the OK button.
• Print head alignment cannot be performed from cassette 2. Load paper in cassette 1.
3. Pull out the output tray extension and open the paper output support.
4. Press the Setup button, use the
LCD and Operation Panel
5. Use the
The print head alignment sheet is printed, and the print head is aligned automatically.
This process takes 3–4 minutes.
• If automatic print head alignment fails, an error message appears.
• If printing is still unsatisfactory after automatic print head alignment, align the print head manually from
Aligning the Print Head Position Manually
button to select Head alignment, and then press the OK button.
button to select Maintenance, and then press the