Enable this function on the printer if you want to reduce the operating noise, such as when printing at night.
Follow the procedure below to perform setting.
Make sure printer is turned on.
2. Press Setup button.
The Setup menu screen is displayed.
3. Select Quiet setting and press OK button.
4. Select ON and press OK button.
The LCD returns to the Setup menu screen.
You can reduce the operating noise while printing is in progress.
• Operating speed is reduced compared to when OFF is selected.
• This function may not be so effective depending on the printer's setting. Furthermore, certain
noise, such as when the printer is preparing for printing, is not reduced.
• You can set the quiet mode from the operation panel of the printer or the printer driver. No matter
how you set the quiet mode, the mode is applied when you perform operations from the operation
panel of the printer or printing from the computer.