Loading Plain Paper / Photo Paper
Load paper in cassette 1 or cassette 2.
* This example demonstrates loading in cassette 1, but paper is loaded the same way in cassette 2.
• Paper may jam if you test printing by cutting plain paper into smaller sizes, such as 4" x 6" (10 x 15 cm)
or 5" x 7" (13 x 18 cm).
• In cassette 1, you can load all sizes of paper that are compatible with the printer, such as plain paper,
photo paper, and envelopes.
• In cassette 2, load A4, Letter, Legal, Oficio, B-Oficio, M-Oficio, Foolscap, or Legal (India)-sized plain
• For details on sizes and weights of paper you can use, see
• For instructions on loading envelopes, see
1. Prepare the paper.
Align the edges of the paper. If the paper is curled, flatten it.
• Align the edges of paper neatly before loading it. Loading an uneven stack of paper may cause
• If paper is curled, gently bend the curled corners in the opposite direction to flatten the paper.
For details on how to flatten curled paper, see "Correct curl before loading paper."
Smudged / Printed Surface Is
• Slight curling of Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss SG-201 should not be straightened. Instead, load
one sheet at a time as-is. Bending this kind of paper to flatten it may crack the surface and reduce
2. Pull out a cassette.