When using electrical appliances, always follow basic safety precautions to reduce the
risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
• Read all instructions.
• Unit has a motor protection system. If the indicator blinks
rapidly, unplug and let cool. Plug back in to restart.
• To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not put
blender base, cord or plug in water or other liquid.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is
used by or near children.
• Unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting on
or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
• Avoid contacting moving parts.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord
or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has
been damaged in any manner. Contact the consumer
service number listed in this manual.
• The use of attachments, including canning jars, not
recommended or sold by the appliance manufacturer
may cause fire, electric shock or injury.
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not let cord hang over the edge of table or
counter, or touch hot surfaces.
• Keep hands and utensils out of container while
blending to reduce the risk of severe injury to persons
or damage to the blender. A scraper may be used but
must be used only when the blender is not running.
• Blades are sharp. Handle carefully.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
POLARIZED PLUG (120V models only)
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is
wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric
shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized
outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully
into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not
fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to
modify the plug in any way.
Warning: This appliance is equipped with a
tamper-resistant screw to prevent removal of the
outer cover. To reduce the risk of fire or electric
shock, do not attempt to remove the outer
cover. There are no user-serviceable parts inside.
Repair should be done only by authorized service
1) A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce
the risk resulting from becoming entangled in or
tripping over a longer cord.
PLEASE READ AND SAVE THIS USE AND CARE BOOK.
This product is for household use only.
• To reduce the risk of injury, never place personal jar
blade assembly on base without the jar
• Always operate blender with cover in place.
• When blending hot liquids, remove the lid cap from
the Easy-off lid. Do not blend hot liquids in the
personal blender jar.
• Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or
in a heated oven.
• The maximum rating is based on the blender jar
attachment. The power input of the optional personal
jar is less than the allowable deviation.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons
(including children) with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and
knowledge, unless they have been given supervision
or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a
person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do
not play with the appliance.
• This appliance has important markings on the plug
blade. The attachment plug or entire cordset (if plug
is molded onto cord) is not suitable for replacement.
If damaged, the appliance shall be replaced.
2) Longer detachable power cords or extension
cords are available and may be used if care is
exercised in their use.
3) If a long detachable power-supply cord or
extension cord is used,
a) The marked electrical rating of the extension
cord should be at least as great as the electrical
rating of the appliance,
b) If the appliance is of the grounded type, the
extension cord should be a grounding-type
3-wire cord, and
c) The longer cord should be arranged so that it
will not drape over the countertop or tabletop
where it can be pulled on by children or tripped
Note: If the power cord is damaged, please
contact the warranty department listed in these