Download Print this page

Important Safety Instructions; Save These Instructions - Philips DECT 221 User Manual

Philips user manual telephone dect 221, dect 225
Hide thumbs


Important Safety Instructions

Some of the following information may not apply to your
particular product; however, when using telephone equipment,
basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce
the risk of fire, electric shock and injury to persons, including
the following:
1. Read and understand all instructions.
2. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product.
3. Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do
not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use a damp cloth
for cleaning.
4. Telephones should not be used while you are in a bathtub,
shower or pool. Immersion of the telephone or handset in
water could cause an electrical shock.
5. Slots and openings in the cabinet back or bottom are
provided for ventilation, to protect it from overheating. These
openings must not be blocked or covered. The openings should
never be blocked by placing the product on the bed, sofa, rug,
or other similar surface. This product should not be placed in a
built-in installation unless proper ventilation is provided.
6. This product should be operated only from the type of power
source indicated on the marking label. If you are not sure of
the type of power supply to your home, consult your dealer or
local power company.
7. Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord. Do not
locate this product where the cord will be abused by persons
walking on it.
8. Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords as this can
result in the risk of fire or electric shock.
9. Never push objects of any kind into this product through
cabinet slots as they may touch dangerous voltage points or
short out parts that could result in a risk of fire or electric
shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on the product.
10. To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble
this product, but take it to a qualified service personnel when
service or repair work is required. Opening or removing covers
may expose you to dangerous voltages or other risks. Incorrect
reassembly can cause electric shock when the appliance is
subsequently used.
11. Do not expose the product to extreme temperatures such
as areas near a hot radiator or stove or in a hot car.
12. Do not place lighted candles, cigarettes, cigars, etc., on the
13. Never touch uninsulated telephone wires or terminals
unless the telephone line has been disconnected at the network
14. Never install or modify telephone wiring during a lightning
15. Never install telephone jacks in wet locations unless the jack
is specifically designed for wet locations.
16. Use caution when installing or modifying telephone lines to
prevent electrical shock and/or fire.
17. Unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing
to qualified service personnel under the following conditions:
A. When the power supply cord or plug is damaged or frayed.
B. If the product has been exposed to rain or water.
C. If the product does not operate normally by following the
operating instructions.
D. If the product's cabinet has been damaged.
E. If the product exhibits a distinct change in performance.
18. Avoid using a telephone (other than a cordless type) during
an electrical storm. There may be a remote risk of electric
shock from lightning.
19. Do not use the telephone to report a gas leak in the vicinity
of the leak.
20. Do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand or
The product may fall, causing serious damage to the product.
if yoUr prodUCT UTilizes baTTeries, The
following addiTional preCaUTions
shoUld be observed:
1. Use only the type and size of battery(ies) specified in the
user manual.
2. Do not dispose of the battery(ies) in fire. They may explode.
Check with local codes for possible special disposal instructions.
3. Do not open or mutilate the battery(ies). Released
electrolyte is corrosive and may cause damage to the eyes or
skin. It may be toxic if swallowed.
4. Exercise care in handling battery(ies) in order not to short
out the battery(ies) with conducting materials such as rings,
bracelets, and keys. The battery(ies) or conductor may overheat
and cause burns.
5. Do not attempt to recharge the battery(ies) provided with
or identified for use with this product that are not intended
to be charged. The battery(ies) may leak corrosive electrolyte
or explode.
6. Do not attempt to rejuvenate the battery(ies) provided with
or identified for use with this product by heating them. Sudden
release of the battery(ies) electrolyte may occur causing burns
or irritation to eyes or skin.
7. When replacing battery(ies), all batteries should be replaced
at the same time. Mixing fresh and discharged batteries could
increase internal cell pressure and rupture the discharged
battery(ies). (Applies to products employing more than one
separately replaceable primary battery.)
8. When inserting battery(ies) into this product, the proper
polarity or direction must be observed. Reverse insertion of
battery(ies) can cause charging, and that may result in leakage
or explosion.
9. Remove battery(ies) from this product if storing over 30 days
because the battery(ies) could leak and damage the product.
10. Discard "dead" battery(ies) as soon as possible since "dead'
batteries are more likely to leak in a product.
11. Do not store this product, or the battery(ies) provided with
or identified for use with this product, in high-temperature
Batteries that are stored in a freezer or refrigerator for the
purpose of extending shelf life should be protected from
condensation during storage and defrosting. Batteries should be
stabilized at room temperature prior to use after cold storage.
12. If your product uses rechargeable battery(ies), charge the
battery(ies) only in accordance with the instructions and
limitation specified in the User Manual.

save These insTrUCTions

environmenT and safeTy

Hide quick links:



  Also See for Philips DECT 221

  Related Manuals for Philips DECT 221