1. In stop mode, press the MEMORY button.
2. Press the FOLDER + or - button on the remote control to select
3. Press the f or e button to select desired file.
When the unit is shipped from the factory, its AM frequency band is set
as "522 - 1710 kHz (in 9 kHz steps)".
If your local AM broadcast system is organized in 10 kHz steps, change
the frequency band to "520 - 1710 kHz (in 10 kHz steps)" as follows.
1. Disconnect the mains lead.
2. Connect the mains lead again.
3. Press the z/ON button for at least 2 seconds.
To return the original setting, repeat steps above.
1. Press the TUNER/BAND button to select FM or AM. "TUNER"
appears briefly, then the "TUNER" is replaced by the radio
2. Automatic tuning
Press the TUNING/FILE + or - button for at least 1 second to tune
in a station. The unit will scan up or down the band and receive
the next receivable station. Press the button again to continue.
Press the TUNING/FILE + or - button briefly until the desired fre-
quency is displayed.
To preset stations (Remote control only)
Up to 24 stations for FM band, 16 stations for AM band can be preset.
1. Tune in the station to be preset as described above.
2. Press the MEMORY button.
1. Press the AUX button to select "AUX"
LISTENING TO THE RADIO
LISTENING TO OTHER SOURCES
4. Press the MEMORY button.
5. Repeat 2 ~ 4 steps to programme additional tracks.
6. Press the i button to start programmed play.
7. Press the n button at any time to stop the prgorammed play.
To cancel programmed play, press the n button twice.
3. Press the PRESET + or - button on the remote control to select
the channel to be preset.
The number button(s) on the remote control can be used to
preset the station. In this example, press 0, then 9 after the
step 2 above.
4. Press the MEMORY button.
In this example, "103.25 MHz" FM station is preset on FM chan-
5. Repeat steps above to add more preset stations.
When presetting a new station, the previous preset station is cleared.
Listening to preset stations (Remote control only)
1. Press the TUNER/BAND button to select FM or AM.
2. Press the PRESET + or - button on the remote control to select
the desired channel number.
The number button(s) on the remote control can also be used.
To receive FM stereo broadcasts (Remote control
"STEREO" appears when an FM stereo broadcast is received. If not,
press the FM MODE button on the remote control to turn the "STE-
REO" indication on.
If the signal from an FM stereo station is weak and reception is
poor, press the FM MODE button to change to the monaural mode.
The reception may be improved, but the sound will be monaural.
When beat interference is heard
A high-pitched noise called "beat" is sometimes heard during reception
of radio broadcasts. If this occurs,
Press the FOLDER + button to select "BC-1" or "BC-2". Select the
setting that gives the best result.
2. Follow the instructions supplied with the video/auxiliary equipment.