63602029GB.fm Page 18 Wednesday, October 24, 2007 5:17 PM
HOW TO OPERATE THE FREEZER
The freezer is a
This compartment can be used to store frozen foods for the
period of time indicated on packaging. The freezer can also
be used to freeze fresh food by positioning it on the rack;
place frozen food in the lower part of the compartment so
that there is no contact with fresh food that has yet to be
The quantity of fresh food that can be frozen in 24 hours is
shown on the rating plate.
Before freezing, wrap and seal fresh food in:
• aluminium foil, cling film, air and water-tight plastic bags,
polythene containers with lids or freezer containers suitable
for freezing fresh food.
• In the event of a power cut, the freezer compartment will
maintain a sufficiently low temperature for food storage.
However, it is advisable to avoid opening the compartment
door during such periods.
The table alongside shows the recommended maximum
storage time for frozen fresh foods.
When purchasing frozen food products:
• Ensure that the packaging is not damaged (frozen food in
damaged packaging may have deteriorated). If the package is
swollen or has damp patches, it may not have been stored
under optimal conditions and defrosting may have already
• When shopping, leave frozen food purchases until last and
transport the products in a thermally insulated cool bag.
• Place the items in the freezer compartment as soon as you get
• If food has defrosted even partially, do not re-freeze it.
Consume within 24 hours.
• Avoid, or reduce temperature variations to the minimum.
Respect the best-before date on the package.
• Always observe the storage information on the package.
Making ice cubes
• Fill the ice cube tray 3/4 with water and place it at the bottom
of the freezer compartment.
If the tray sticks to the bottom of the compartment, do not use
pointed or sharp instruments to detach it.
Downloaded from Fridge-Manual.com Manuals