4-3. Winding the lower thread
Do not touch any of the moving parts or press any objects against the machine while winding the lower thread, as
this may result in personal injury or damage to the machine.
4-4. Installing the bobbin case
Turn off the power switch before installing the bobbin case.
The machine may operate if the treadle is depressed by mistake, which could result in injury.
4. PREPARATION BEFORE SEWING
1. Turn on the power switch.
2. Place the bobbin (1) onto the bobbin winder shaft (2).
3. Wind the thread several times around the bobbin (1) in the
direction indicated by the arrow.
4. Push the bobbin presser arm (3) toward the bobbin(1).
5. Raise the presser foot with the lifting lever.
6. Depress the treadle. Lower thread winding will then start.
7. Once winding of the lower thread is completed, the bobbin
presser arm (3) will return automatically.
8. After the thread has been wound on, remove the bobbin
and cut the thread with the knife (4).
* Loosen the screw (5) and move the bobbin presser (6) to
adjust the amount of thread wound onto the bobbin.
The amount of thread wound onto the bobbin should
be a maximum of 80 % of the bobbin capacity.
1. Turn the machine pulley to raise the needle until it is
above the needle plate.
2. While holding the bobbin so that the thread winds to the
right, insert the bobbin into the bobbin case.
3. Pass the thread through the slot (1) and under the tension
spring (2), and then pull it out from the thread guide (3).
4. Check that the bobbin turns clockwise when the thread is
5. Hold the latch (4) on the bobbin case and insert the
bobbin case into the rotary hook.