4. PREPARATION BEFORE SEWING
4-5. Threading the upper thread
Turn off the power switch before threading the upper thread.
The machine may operate if the treadle is depressed by mistake, which could result in injury.
4-6. Adjusting the stitch length
Turn the machine pulley and raise the thread take-up (1)
before threading the upper thread.
This will make threading easier and it will prevent the thread
from coming out at the sewing start.
1. Push the dial lock lever (1) up until it clicks to release the
2. Turn the stitch length dial (2) clockwise or counter-
clockwise so that the desired stitch length is at the upper-
most position on the dial.
The larger the number, the longer the stitch length will
(The numbers on the dial are for use as a guide. The
length of the finished stitches may vary depending on
the type and thickness of material being sewn. Adjust
while looking at the finished stitches.)
When turning the stitch length dial (2) from a larger
setting to a smaller setting, it will be easier to turn the
dial if the reverse lever (3) is pushed to the halfway-
3. Push the dial lock lever (1) down firmly to lock it.
* Check that the stitch length dial (2) does not rotate.