5. Press I/O button twice; the red power light comes on followed by the green
6 When brewing begins at the preset time the green light goes off and the red power
light comes on.
7. To cancel the AUTO brew, press the I/O button. All lights are off.
COFFEE BREWING TIPS
• Stir coffee in carafe before serving to evenly distribute the flavor.
• Coffee that is poured during brewing cycle may vary in strength from the finished
• Not sure how much coffee to use? Begin by using level tablespoon of medium
grind coffee for each cup of coffee to be brewed.
• For variety, add a 2-inch piece of lemon or orange peel to the coffee grounds
• For a special occasion, whip some heavy cream with or 2 tablespoons of hazel nut,
chocolate or almond liqueur. Use to top off each cup of coffee.
• Add a 2-inch piece of vanilla bean to the sugar bowl. You'll be surprised at how
good it tastes.
• Keep your coffeemaker scrupulously clean; you will be pleased with the flavor.
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified
1. Be sure the unit is off and cooled.
2. Open the one-piece cover; remove the filter basket (lift straight up) and
discard the coffee grounds.
3. The removable filter basket, permanent-filter and carafe lid are all top rack
dishwasher-safe; or they may be hand washed in warm, soapy water. See
below for CARAFE CARE.
4. The coffeemaker's exterior, control panel area and "Keep Hot" carafe plate
may be cleaned with a soft damp cloth.
Note: do not use abrasive cleansers or scouring pads. Never immerse the
coffeemaker in water.
5. To clean inside of one-piece cover, wipe surfaces
with a damp cloth (H).
Note: A damaged carafe may result in possible burns from a hot liquid.
To avoid breaking:
• Do not allow all liquid to evaporate from the carafe while on the "Keep Hot"
carafe plate or heat the carafe when empty.
• Discard the carafe if chipped, cracked or damaged in any manner.
• Never use abrasive scouring pads or cleansers; they will scratch and
weaken the glass.
• Do not place the carafe on or near a gas or electric burner, in a heated
oven, or in a microwave oven.
• Avoid rough handling and sharp blows.