Note: It is not necessary to set the clock to brew coffee unless you want to use
delayed Brewing feature.
1. open the one-piece cover.
2. Fill water reservoir with desired amount of cold tap
water using water markings on front of reservoir.
do not exceed 12-cup (MAX) level (L).
3. Place permanent nylon mesh filter or basket-style
paper filter into the removable filter basket.
4. Add desired amount of ground coffee.
5. Insert filter basket into filter basket holder.
6. Close the one-piece cover.
7. Place empty carafe on "Keep Hot" carafe plate.
8. Plug cord into standard electrical outlet.
9. Press power oN/oFF button; PoWeR indicator
light is illuminated. Brewing begins oR, to delay
brewing, set auto function before pressing the oN/
oFF button (see delAYed BReWING) (M).
10. When coffee stops flowing into carafe, brew cycle is
11. once coffee grounds have cooled, carefully open the
one-piece cover and using basket handle, remove
filter basket and discard used grounds and paper
filter (if used). Close the one-piece cover.
12. Coffeemaker will keep brewed coffee hot for 2 hours and then automatically
13. To turn off coffeemaker at any time, press oN/oFF button.
14. Unplug appliance when not in use.
BREWING TO CuPS
Note: This feature slows down brewing to extract the best flavor when brewing
smaller amounts of coffee.
1. Add the appropriate amount of water for the
number of cups to be brewed.
2. Fill a filter in the filter basket with desired amount
of coffee grounds.
3. Press the 1 – 4 CUP button. The green light will
appear in the lower right corner of the display (N).
feature allows you to pour a cup of coffee from the carafe
while coffee is brewing. When carafe is removed, brewing process is paused.
Simply replace carafe on the "Keep Hot" carafe plate within 30 seconds and
Note: If the carafe is not replaced within 30 seconds the filter basket may
KEEP WARM FuNCTION
once coffee has brewed, your coffeemaker will automatically keep coffee hot
on the "Keep Hot" carafe plate for 2 hours. After 2 hours, the coffeemaker
automatically shut off. To cancel the KeeP HoT function, simply press the
1. Follow steps 1 through 8 under BReWING CoFFee.
2. Make sure clock has been set to correct time of day.
3. Press PRoGRAM (PRoG) button; the AUTo light will flash several times.
4. digital clock displays 12:00 or previous preset delayed brewing start time.
Note: If setting is not changed before AUTo light stops flashing, the clock
will revert to the correct time of day. You must press the PRoG button again
and re-enter your desired brew time.
5. To change time, press HoUR button until desired correct hour appears on
display. Repeat with MINUTe (MIN) button within 5 seconds.
6. Press AUTo button to activate delayed brewing. AUTo indicator light will
illuminate on digital display screen.
7. To check preset delayed brew time, press PRoG button and display will
show time selected for delayed brewing to begin. Press AUTo button to
return to delayed Brewing cycle.
8. To cancel AUTo brew, press oN/oFF button to brew coffee, or press oN/
oFF button again and coffeemaker will turn off; all lights will go out.
COFFEE BREWING TIPS
• Stir coffee in carafe before serving to evenly distribute the flavor.
• Coffee that is poured during brewing cycle may vary in strength from the
• Not sure how much coffee to use? Begin by using 1 level tablespoon of
medium grind coffee for each cup of coffee to be brewed.
• For variety, add a 2-inch piece of lemon or orange peel to the coffee
grounds before brewing.
• For a special occasion, whip some heavy cream with 1 or 2 tablespoons of
hazel nut, chocolate or almond liqueur. Use to top off each cup of coffee.
• Add a 2-inch piece of vanilla bean to the sugar bowl. You'll be surprised at
how good it tastes.
• Keep your coffeemaker scrupulously clean; you will be pleased with the