Installing the AA Batteries
Your radio uses 3 AA Alkaline batteries.
1. With the back of the radio facing you, lift the battery latch
up to release the battery cover and remove the cover.
2. Insert 3 AA Alkaline batteries as shown on the inside of the
3. Reposition the battery cover and press down to secure.
Note: The T4800 and T4900 model radios can use a NiCd
rechargeable battery instead of 3 AA Alkaline batteries.
A rechargeable battery upgrade kit, is available for
Installing the NiCd Battery Pack
1. Follow step 1 above to remove the battery cover.
2. Remove the battery pack from the clear plastic bag.
Do not disassemble or unwrap the battery pack.
3. Insert the NiCd battery pack so the metal contacts on the
side of the battery are facing outward from the radio to
connect with the contacts on the battery door.
4. Reposition the battery cover and press down to secure.