Safety & General Information
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SAFE AND EFFICIENT OPERATION. READ
THIS INFORMATION BEFORE USING YOUR DEVICE.
Use of accessories not approved by Motorola, including but not limited to batteries,
antennas, and convertible covers, may cause your mobile device to exceed RF energy
exposure guidelines and may void your mobile device' s warranty. For a list of
approved Motorola accessories, visit our Web site at: www.motorola.com
Batteries & Chargers
Your battery, charger, or mobile device may contain symbols, defined as follows:
Important safety information follows.
Do not let your battery, charger, or mobile device get wet.
Use & Safety for Battery-Powered Accessories
• Do not store or use your battery-powered accessory (such as a Bluetooth®
headset or other device) in temperatures below -10°C (14°F) or above 60°C
• Do not recharge your accessory in temperatures below 0°C (32°F) or above
• Conditions inside a parked car can exceed this range. Do not store your
accessory in a parked car.
• Do not store your accessory in direct sunlight.
• Storing your fully charged accessory in high-temperature conditions may
permanently reduce the life of the internal battery.
• Battery life may temporarily shorten in low-temperature conditions.
Caution About High Volume Usage
Warning: Exposure to loud noise from any source for extended periods of time may
temporarily or permanently affect your hearing. The louder the volume sound level,
the less time is required before your hearing could be affected. Hearing damage from
loud noise is sometimes undetectable at first and can have a cumulative effect. To
protect your hearing:
• Start your volume control at a low setting and use as low a volume as
• Limit the amount of time you use headsets or headphones at high volume.
• Where possible, use your headset in a quiet environment with low
• Avoid turning up the volume to block out noisy surroundings.
• Turn the volume down if you can't hear people speaking near you.
If you experience hearing discomfort, including the sensation of pressure or fullness
in your ears, ringing in your ears, or muffled speech, you should stop listening to the
device through your headset or headphones and have your hearing checked by your
Smart Practices While Driving
Using a mobile device while driving may cause distraction. End a call if you can't
concentrate on driving. Input information about your destination and route prior to
your drive. Do not input data while driving. Keep your eyes on the road while driving
and listen to the verbal instructions. Also, using a mobile device or accessory may be
prohibited or restricted in certain areas. Always obey the laws and regulations on the
use of these products.
Responsible driving practices can be found at www.motorola.com/callsmart
(in English only).