All the components requiring maintenance are accessible
from the front of the appliance, after removing the control
panel and front panel. Disconnect the power supply before
opening the appliance
1.1 BRIEF TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE
Even in normal appliance operating conditions, malfunctions
can occasionally occur.
- The pilot burner of open burners does not light
• Insufficient pressure in gas pipes.
• Nozzle blocked.
• Faulty gas cock.
- The oven pilot burner does not light
• Igniter not properly fixed or connected
• The piezoelectric ignition or igniter cable are damaged.
• Insufficient pressure in gas pipes
• Worn nozzle
• Faulty gas valve
- The pilot burner goes out when the "pilot ignition" knob is
• The pilot burner is not heating the thermocouple sufficiently.
• Faulty thermocouple.
• The gas cock and/or gas valve knob is not being pressed
• Lack of gas pressure to the cock and/or valve.
• Faulty gas cock or gas valve.
- The pilot burner is still lit but the main burner does not light
• Loss of pressure in gas supply pipe.
• Blocked nozzle or faulty gas cock or valve.
• Gas outlet holes on burner clogged.
- The oven temperature cannot be adjusted.
• Faulty thermostat bulb.
• Faulty gas valve.
• Faulty electric thermostat.
• Electric safety thermostat tripped.
Any of the following are considered to be abnormal operation
and may require servicing:
• incomplete ignition of the burner;
• yellow tipping of the burner flame;
• burner failing to remain alight;
• gas valves are difficult to turn;
• burner exitinguished by operation of oven door.
In case the appliance fails to operate correctly, contact the
authorised service provider in your area.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REPLACING COMPONENTS (to be
carried out only by an authorised installer).
Remove the front panel to access:
• Unscrew the pilot and thermocouple pipe, unscrew the
gas inlet and outlet connections.
• For installation carry out the same procedure in reverse order.
PILOT BURNER, THERMOCOUPLE, IGNITER ASSEMBLY
• To replace the igniter and thermocouple loosen the fixing
screws and remove the components.
• To replace the pilot burner undo the gas pipe, remove the
pilot burner assembly
• Replace the components, proceeding in reverse order to
refit the parts.
• Unscrew the gas connection from the nozzle holder
• Undo the screws fixing the burner to the support
• Remove the pilot burner assembly by undoing the screws
• For installation carry out the same procedure in reverse order,
making sure that when positioning the burner the centering
pins, located at the back of the burner, enter their special seats
1.2 MAINTENENCE SCHEDULE
• It is reccommended the appliance is inspected and servi-
ced by an authorized person at least every 12 months. For
this purpose it is reccommended to draw up a maintenece
For service and spare parts, please contact:
Electrolux - Tom Stoddart Pty Ltd
Zanussi - JL Lennard Pty Ltd