IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using your iron, basic safely precautions should
always be followed, including the following:
• READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
• Use iron only for its intended use.
• To protect against a risk of electric shock,
do not immerse the iron in water or other
• The iron should always be turned to the
minimum (min) setting before plugging or
unplugging from outlet. Never yank cord to
disconnect from the outlet; instead grasp
plug and pull to disconnect.
• Do not allow cord to touch hot surfaces. Let
iron cool completely before putting away.
Loop cord loosely around iron when storing.
• Always disconnect iron from electrical
outlet when filling with water or emptying,
and when not in use.
• Do not operate iron with a damaged
cord, or if the iron has been dropped or
damaged. To avoid the risk of electric
shock, do not disassemble the iron;
take it to a qualified service person
for examination and repair, or call the
appropriate toll-free number. Incorrect
reassembly can cause a risk
of electric shock when the iron is used.
• Close supervision is necessary for any
appliance being used by or near children.
Do not leave iron unattended while
connected or on an ironing board.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade
is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of
electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into
a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug
does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the
plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified
electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug
in any way.
• Burns can occur from touching hot metal
parts, hot water or steam. Use caution
when you turn a steam iron upside down
or use the surge of steam – there may
be hot water in the reservoir. Avoid rapid
movement of iron to minimize hot water
• The iron must not be left unattended while
it is connected to the supply mains.
• The plug must be removed from the socket-
outlet before the water reservoir is filled
• The iron must be used and rested on a
• When placing the iron on its stand, ensure
that the surface on which the stand is
placed is stable.
• The iron is not to be used if it has been
dropped, if there are visible signs of
damage or if it is leaking.
• To avoid circuit overload, do not operate
another high wattage appliance on the
• If an extension cord is absolutely necessary,
a 15-ampere cord should be used. Cords
rated for less amperage may overheat. Care
should be taken to arrange the cord so that
it cannot be pulled or tripped over.
Warning: This appliance is equipped with a
tamper-resistant screw to prevent removal of
the outer cover. To reduce the risk of fire or
electrical shock, do not attempt to remove
the outer cover. There are no user-serviceable
parts inside. Repair should be done only by
authorized service personnel.
Note: If the power supply cord is damaged, it
should be replaced by qualified personnel or in
Latin America by an authorized service center.