Inspection and repairs
• Before use, check the appliance for
damaged or defective parts. Check for
breakage of parts, damage to switches
and any other conditions that may affect
• Do not use the appliance if any part is
damaged or defective.
• Have any damaged or defective parts
repaired or replaced by an authorised
• Before use, check the power supply cord
for signs of damage, ageing and wear.
• Do not use the appliance if the power
supply cord or mains plug is damaged or
• If the power-supply cord or mains plug is
damaged or defective it must be repaired
by the manufacturer or its service agent
or a similarly qualified person in order to
avoid a hazard. Do not cut the power
supply cord and do not attempt to repair
• Never attempt to remove or replace any
parts other than those specified in this
• Do not attempt to repair the appliance.
Take it to your nearest Black & Decker-
owned or authorised Service Centre for
This product must be earthed.
Always check that the power supply
corresponds to the voltage on the
Extension cables & class I product
A 3 core cable must be used as your tool is
earthed and of class I construction.
Additional safety instructions for Kettles
• Do not over-fill, as boiling water may be
ejected from the spout.
• Do not open the lid while the Kettle is
• This Kettle must only be used with the
• Do not immerse the appliance, base,
cord set or plug in liquids
• Always leave sufficient space around the
appliance for ventilation
• Do not use the unit if you have wet
hands or bare feet.
• Switch off the appliance before changing
accessories or approaching parts which
move in use.
• This appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities,
or lack of experience and knowledge,
unless they have been given supervision
or instruction concerning use of the
appliance by a person responsible for
• Children must be supervised to ensure
that they do not play with the appliance
This appliance includes some or all of the
following features (fig. A, B & C).
4. On / Off Switch
8. Cord Set & Plug