Your Black & Decker Kettle has been
designed for boiling water. This appliance is
intended for indoor consumer use only.
Warning! When using mains-powered
appliances, basic safety precautions,
including the following, should always be
followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric
shock, personal injury and material
• Read all of this manual carefully before
using the appliance.
• The intended use is described in this
manual. The use of any accessory or
attachment or the performance of any
operation with this appliance other than
those recommended in this instruction
manual may present a risk of personal
• Retain this manual for future reference.
• Always route the cord carefully to avoid
a tripping hazard.
• Never operate an appliance directly
below the socket-outlet it is connected
Using your appliance
• If applicable, make sure that the
appliance is switched off before
connecting to or disconnecting from the
• Always take care when using the
• Do not use the appliance outdoors.
• Never pull the power supply cord to
disconnect the plug from the socket.
Keep the power supply cord away from
heat, oil and sharp edges.
• Disconnect the appliance from the
power supply when not in use, before
fitting or removing parts, maintenance
and before cleaning.
• Surfaces may be hot during use and
during the cool down period
• Do not operate or place any part of this
appliance on or near any hot surface,
such as a gas or electric burner or in a
• When using an extension cord with your
appliance, make sure the extension cord
is correctly wired & rated for its use.
Safety of others
• Do not allow children or any person
unfamiliar with these instructions to use
• Do not allow children or animals to come
near the work area or to touch the
appliance or power supply cord. Close
supervision is necessary when the
appliance is used near children.
• Never leave an appliance unattended
when in use
• Do not allow the cord set to hang over
• Switch off and remove the plug from the
socket before leaving the appliance
unattended and before changing,
cleaning or inspecting any parts of the
• When not in use, the appliance should
be stored in a dry place. Children should
not have access to stored appliances.