RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRICAL SHOCK, AND
• DO NOT USE AN EXTENSION CORD
OR AN ADAPTER PLUG WITH THIS
Dryer must be electrically grounded in accordance
with local codes and ordinances, or in the absence
of local codes, in accordance with the NATIONAL
connected to a properly grounded branch circuit,
EQUIPPED WITH A THREE-PRONG
PROTECTION AGAINST SHOCK HAZARD
AND SHOULD BE PLUGGED DIRECTLY
INTO A PROPERLY GROUNDED THREE-
REMOVE THE GROUNDING PRONG
ENSURE PROPER GROUND EXISTS BEFORE USE
LOCAL CODES PERMIT,
N EXTERNAL GROUND WIRE
OT PROVIDED), WHICH MEETS
OCAL CODES, MAY BE ADDED
Y ATTACHING TO THE GREEN
ROUND SCREW ON THE REAR
F THE DRYER, AND TO A GROUNDED
ETAL COLD WATER PIPE OR OTHER
- TO REDUCE THE
- THIS DRYER IS
UNITED STATES, THE REQUIRED EXHAUST
USE DUCT LONGER THAN SPECIFIED IN THE
• Increase the drying times and the energy cost.
• Reduce the dryer life.
The correct exhaust installation is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
Problems due to incorrect installation are not covered
Remove and discard existing plastic or metal foil transition
duct and replace with UL listed transition duct.
The MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE duct length and number of
bends of the exhaust system depends upon the type of
and all conditions noted below. The maximum duct length
for rigid metal duct is shown in the table below.
No. of 90°
• For every extra 90° elbow, reduce the allowable vent system
• Two 45° elbows will be treated like one 90° elbow.
• For the side exhaust installations, add one 90° elbow to the
• The total vent system length includes all the straight portions
EXHAUST SYSTEM CHECK LIST
HOOD OR WALL CAP
• Terminate in a manner to prevent back drafts or entry of
birds or other wildlife.
• Termination should present minimal resistance to the
to prevent clogging.
• Never install a screen in or over the exhaust duct. This could
cause lint build up.
level or any other obstruction with the opening pointed
SEPARATION OF TURNS
For best performance, separate all turns by at least 4 ft.
of straight duct, including distance between last turn and
TURNS OTHER THAN 90º
• One turn of 45º or less may be ignored.
• Two 45º turns should be treated as one 90º turn.
• Each turn over 45º should be treated as one 90º turn.
IN CANADA AND IN THE
RECOMMENDED MAXIMUM LENGTH
Exhaust Hood Types
Use only for short