If you have any questions, call 1-800-GECARES (US) or 1-800-361-3400 (Canada)
or Visit our Web site at: www. GEAppliances.com
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Read these instructions completely and carefully.
instructions for local inspector's use.
governing codes and ordinances.
• Note to Installer - Be sure to leave these instructions with
the customer .
• Note to Customer - Keep these instructions with your Use
and Care Book for future reference.
• This dryer must be exhausted to the outdoors.
• Before the old dryer is removed from service or discarded,
remove the dryer door .
• Service Information and the wiring diagram are located in
the control console.
• Service of this dryer must be performed by a qualified
installer,service agency, or the gas supplier.
o not allow children on or in the appliance. Close
supervision of children is necessary when the appliance is
used near children.
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
SLIP JOINT PLIERS
10" ADJUSTABLE WRENCHES (2)
FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVER
8" PIPE WRENCH
Step 1 Verify Your Gas Installation (see section 2).
Step 2 Prepare the Area and Exhaust for Installation of
New Dryer (see section 1).
Step 3 Check and Insure the Existing External Exhaust is
Clean (see section 1) and Meets Attached Installation
Specifications.(see section 6)
Step 4 Remove the Foam Shipping Pads (see section 1).
Step 5 Move the Dryer to the Desired Location.
Step 6 Level Your Dryer (see section 8).
Step 7 Connect the Gas Supply (see section 3) and check
for leaks (see section 4).
FOR YOUR SAFETY:
• Use only rigid metal or flexible metal 4-in. diameter
ductwork for exhausting to the outdoors. Never use
plastic or other combustible easy-to-puncture ductwork.
• This appliance must be properly grounded and installed
as described in these instructions.
• Do not install or store appliance in an area where it
will be exposed to water and/or weather.
• The National Fuel Gas Code restricts installations of
gas appliances in garages. They must be 18 in. off the
ground and protected by a barrier from vehicles.
• Install the dryer where the temperature is above 50ºF
for satisfactory operation of the dryer control system.
In the state of Massachusetts
Installation must be performed by a qualified or
licensed contractor, plumber, or gasfitter qualified or
licensed by the state.
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED
4" DIA. METAL DUCT
4" DIA. METAL ELBOW
4" DIA. FLEXIBLE METAL DUCT
FLEXIBLE GAS LINE CONNECTOR
Step 8 Connect the External Exhaust (see section 7).
Step 9 Connect the Power Supply (see section 5).
Step 10 Check the Operation of the Power Supply, Gas
Connections, and Venting.
Step 11 Place the Owners Manual and the Installation
Instructions in a Location Where They Will Be
Noticed By the Owner.
For Alcove or Closet Installation see section 9.
For Bathroom or Bedroom Installation see section 10.
For Mobile or Manufactured Home see section 11.
FOR LEAK DETECTION