BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Read these instructions completely and
Save these instructions for
local inspector's use.
Observe all governing codes
• Note to Installer -
instructions with the customer.
• Note to Customer - Keep these instructions with
your Owner's Manual for future reference.
discarded, remove the dryer door.
• Inspect the dryer exhaust outlet and straighten
the outlet walls if they are bent.
• Service information and the wiring diagram are
located in the control console.
• Do not allow children on or in the appliance. Close
supervision of children is necessary when the
appliance is used near children.
• Install the dryer where the temperature is above
50°F for satisfactory operation of the dryer
• Product failure due to improper installation is not
covered under the Warranty.
IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS
• This product must be installed by a licensed
• When using ball-type gas shut-off valves,
• A flexible gas connector, when used, must
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
10" ADJUSTABLE WRENCHES
8" PIPE WRENCH
SLIP JOINT PLIERS
FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVER
RISK OF FIRE
• To reduce the risk of severe injury or death, follow all installation
• Install the clothes dryer according to these instructions and in
accordance with local codes.
• California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act
This act requires the governor of California to publish a list of
substances known to the state to cause cancer, birth defects or other
reproductive harm and requires businesses to warn customers of
potential exposure to such substances. Gas appliances can cause
minor exposure to four of these substances, namely benzene,
carbon monoxide, formaldehyde and soot, caused primarily by the
incomplete combustion of natural gas or LP fuels. Properly adjusted
dryers will minimize incomplete combustion. Exposure to these
substances can be minimized further by properly venting the dryer
to the outdoors.
• This dryer must be exhausted to the outdoors.
• Use only rigid metal 4" diameter ductwork inside the dryer cabinet
and use only UL approved transition ducting between the dryer and
the home duct.
must be UL listed and installed in accordance with the instructions
found in "Connecting The Dryer To House Vent" on page 5 of this
manual. Flexible venting materials are known to collapse, be easily
• Do not install or store this appliance in any location where it could
be exposed to water and or weather.
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED
4" DIA. METAL DUCT
4" DIA. METAL
4" DIA. FLEXIBLE METAL (SEMI-RIGID)
UL LISTED TRANSITION DUCT
KIT WX08X10077 (INCLUDES 2 ELBOWS)
4" DIA. FLEXIBLE METAL (FOIL TYPE)
UL LISTED TRANSITION DUCT
FLEXIBLE GAS LINE CONNECTOR
31-16737 10-13 GE
FOR LEAK DETECTION