8.1 Developing in C++
This chapter describes necessary steps to develop the example application program (see Chapter 8)
in C++ environment using the Common Device Control Library.
Before proceeding to creating the project, check if the installation folder for the Common Device
Control Library has been registered in Visual Studio 2008 or Visual Studio 2005 by following steps,
1 to 8, below.
1. Navigate to Tools
2. Navigate to Projects and Solutions
3. Choose DT-X8 (ARMV4I) in Platforms.
4. Choose Include files in Show directories for:.
5. If the installation folder has not been registered, append the following.
6. Choose Library files in Show directories for:.
7. If the files have not been registered, append the following.
8. Click OK button to close the screen.
Application Development Procedure
Subsequent steps show how to create and start up a simple program using one of the system
functions. When running the program, the LED will blink in red for 5 seconds.
1. First, create Win32 Smart Device Project with its device name DeviceApp for Visual C++
in Visual Studio 2008 or Visual Studio 2005.
2. Choose Pocket PC 2003 in the Selected BDKs field in the Platforms of Win32 Smart Device
Project Wizard and click < button.
Options ... and open Options screen.