6.2 Visual Studio 2005
Follow the steps in Chapter 5 "Connecting the DT-X8 to PC" before checking the steps below to
confirm that you can connect to the DT-X8 from Visual Studio 2005.
1. Establish connection with the DT-X8 via ActiveSync.
2. Open the application project for VB or C# in Visual Studio 2005.
3. Click the button shown in the red box below (see Figure 6.1) to make sure that Visual Studio
2005 has recognized the connection established with the DT-X8 via ActiveSync. If it does not,
start up ActiveSync again to establish connection.
4. Choose DT-X8 Device in the pull-down menu box.
5. You will now be able to deploy solutions and also debug applications on the attached DT-X8
using the Visual Studio 2005 debugging features.