Filters must be installed in either the central return register or in the return air duct work.
Furnace must have a 115 VAC power supply properly connected and grounded. Proper polarity must be maintained for correct
operation. In addition to the following start-up and adjustment items, refer to further information in Operational Checks section.
The drain trap MUST be primed prior to furnace startup. To prime, fill both sides of the drain trap with water. This ensures proper
furnace drainage upon startup and prohibits the possibility of flue gases escaping through the drain system.
Purge gas lines of air prior to startup. Be sure not purge lines into an enclosed burner compartment.
Check for leaks using an approved chloride-free soap and water solution, an electronic combustible gas detector, or other approved
method. Verify that all required kits (propane gas, high altitude, etc.) have been appropriately installed.
1. Close the manual gas shutoff valve external to the furnace.
2. Turn off the electrical power to the furnace.
3. Set the room thermostat to the lowest possible setting.
4. Remove the burner compartment door.
NOTE: This furnace is equipped with an ignition device which automatically lights the burner. Do not try to light the burner by hand.
5. Move the furnace gas valve manual control to the OFF position.
6. Wait five minutes then smell for gas. Be sure check near the floor as some types of gas are heavier than air.
7. If you smell gas after five minutes, immediately follow the
Safety Instructions on page 3 of this manual. If you do not
smell gas after five minutes, move the furnace gas valve
manual control to the ON position.
8. Replace the burner compartment door.
9. Open the manual gas shutoff valve external to the furnace.
10. Turn on the electrical power to the furnace.
11. Adjust the thermostat to a setting above room temperature.
12. After the burners are lit, set the thermostat to desired
1. Set the thermostat to the lowest setting.
The integrated control will close the gas valve and extinguish flame. Following a 15 second delay, the induced draft blower will
be de-energized. The indoor blower will shut down when the time delay expires (selectable on 96% models).
2. Remove the burner compartment door and move the furnace gas valve manual control to the OFF position.
3. Close the manual gas shutoff valve external to the furnace.
4. Replace the burner compartment door.
The line pressure supplied to the gas valve must be within the range specified below. The supply pressure can be measured at the gas
valve inlet pressure tap or at a hose fitting installed in the gas piping drip leg. The supply pressure must be measured with the burners
operating. To measure the gas supply pressure, use the following procedure.
O PREVENT UNRELIABLE OPERATION OR EQUIPMENT DAMAGE
INLET GAS SUPPLY PRESSURE MUST BE AS SPECIFIED ON THE UNIT
RATING PLATE WITH ALL OTHER HOUSEHOLD GAS FIRED APPLIANCES