1. Grind only beans you will
immediately use for freshest
2. Adjust amount of coffee beans
and grinding time to suit your
own personal taste. Shorter
grinding time results in coarser
grinds. Longer grinding times
result in finer grinds, but can
overheat the coffee grinds and
valuable coffee flavors can be lost.
(For optimum grinding results,
do not pulse top cover.)
3. KitchenAid does not recommend
using this grinder to grind beans
for pump espresso type machines.
4. The Suggested Grinding Chart
(right) shows recommended
grinding times at various levels
for automatic drip coffee makers
and french press machines.
1. Always unplug coffee grinder
2. Remove the bowl and top cover.
Wash in hot, soapy water, rinse
and dry. Bowl and top cover can
also be washed in the dishwasher
(top rack only). After removing
from dishwasher, allow to cool
Care and Cleaning
AUTOMATIC DRIP COFFEE MAKERS
AND FRENCH PRESS MACHINES
MAXIMUM FILL LINE
Grind Time = 20 sec.
Grind Time = 17 sec.
Grind Time = 15 sec.
FRENCH PRESS MACHINES
require a course grind. For optimum
results, process beans continuously
until desired grind size is achieved.
3. Wipe the motor housing clean
with a damp, soft cloth. DO NOT
use abrasive cleaners. DO NOT
IMMERSE THE MOTOR HOUSING
4. Wipe cord with warm, sudsy cloth;
then wipe clean with damp cloth.
Dry with soft cloth.
5. Reassemble your coffee grinder